Mod Square Christmas Wreath

If you give Mari a Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer mug on a chilly morning…. then you know she is going to go play ”The Happy Elf” by Harry Connick, Jr.  She will start tapping her toes to this gay ol song while sipping her tea.  Then she will remember that she hasn’t finished her Christmas Advent Calendar. So she will pull it out and while working on it she will wonder “What kind of Christmas decorations she has?”. She will go down stairs and start pulling out all the boxes labeled XMAS in BIG BLACK letters. While rummaging through the boxes she spots some garland. If she grabs that Garland you know she won’t be able to contain herself and she will start making a wreath and before you know it she will be decorating the WHOLE house for Christmas in mid November.
Supplies:
  • Garland I used the fake stuff
  • Glue
  • Ribbon
  • Frame
  • Crepe paper
  • Cardboard
    1. Wrap the garland around the frame use wire if necessary to keep it in place.
    2. Make the Initial from cardboard if you have red poster board that would work better. I used white and then I had to back and fill in all the white spaces.
    3. Make the Rosettes using the crepe paper. As shown in picture you will cut the crepe paper in strands and twist them. Once twisted you will roll them into the rosettes.
    4. Glue rosettes to the initial.  Hang the initial from the middle using clear string.

Tada! I love how it turned out!

Tags: , , , , ,

15 Responses to “Mod Square Christmas Wreath”

1. November 21, 2011 at 10:35 am #

Nice one! I’m yet to get in the decorating for Christmas frame of mind, this inspires me to get started…so thanks!!

• November 21, 2011 at 1:51 pm #

My son has been asking me since Halloween. Though we still don’t have a Xmas tree up:)

2. November 21, 2011 at 3:05 pm #

I love your idea of using a frame. Gotta keep that one in the file. Thanks for the tutorial.

• November 21, 2011 at 8:30 pm #

Wanda thanks! There’s nothing like being cheap to make those creative instincts kick in :)

3. November 22, 2011 at 10:06 pm #

Fabulous wreath!! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Friday. I hope you’ll join us again soon!

4. November 23, 2011 at 1:30 am #

If that is your front door it’s one of the coolest I have ever seen! You wreath looks great against it. I have not seen crepe paper rosettes before, so thanks for sharing that. The wreath is cute, and love the red rosette letter inside. Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving, and thanks so much for sharing at Sunday’s Best!

• November 27, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

Cathy, thanks hope your T-giving was wonderful! Yes, that is our front door. It is definitely unique. I am sure it ways a ton.

5. November 26, 2011 at 2:27 am #

I love the modern square with an initial! Thanks for sharing at Sunday’s Best =) Love that door too, awesome!!

6. December 2, 2011 at 4:19 am #

I’ve been dreaming of a square wreath for years now… guess I need to get out and finally make one? I’m jealous you’ve already decorated, great job!

Thanks for linking to Refresh Your Nest Friday #10, and stop back tomorrow to join this week’s party!

• December 3, 2011 at 7:30 pm #

Thanks for the kind words! Yea, I couldn’t wait for Dec. I had the Xmas bug mid Nov and finally got it done during T-giving break.

7. December 4, 2011 at 3:03 pm #

Oooh, I like it! Love the square shape! So glad you shared at Shine On Fridays!

1. Easy Christmas Wreath: Santa Ho! Ho! Ho!Inspired by Familia - December 3, 2014

[…] to make things look good on the cheap.  I hate spending money on wreaths so one year I made this Mod Square Wreath . Last year, I made this wreath and it turned out so cute but, unfortunately, I couldn’t […]