Whether you’re long distance grandparenting or nearby, reading to your grandchildren is such a wonderful way to create joyful memories with them. Give the gift of yourself and your time with this wonderful idea below on how to “Create Your Own Audio Storybook”. And we have something for the grandparents, too - a great giveaway! (see below on how to enter) You can win the book Generation G- Advice for Savvy Grandmothers Who Will Never Go Gray by Marty Norman.
Create Your Own Audio Storybook.
You will need:
- Your prefferred device to record either voice or video. I have used an oldey but goodey tape recorder. Yes, they do still sell those.
- Book of choice.
- You will need to have read the story ahead of time so that your familiar with it.
- Be familiar with your recording device. Where the play, pause and stop button are.
- Read it to them normally or ham it up. My children love the quiet little voices or LOUD noise sound effects when I read. You can take turns between the grandparents or the whole family.
They can take it and listen to it anytime they are missing you and they don’t have to wait for the next date with grandma or grandpa. This is also great for those long car rides, just give them headphones, their taperecorder and book and they are set to go. Check out the List of Great Reads for Children and start recording!
The Giveaway book: “Generation G- Advice for Savvy Grandmothers Who Will Never Go Gray” shares with us some great insight in her book on “What’s so Grand about Grandparenting?” The book raises the bar for grandmothers. Exploring today’s real issues, it challenges grandmothers to become healers, peacemakers, and repairers of the breach in the life of their families as they celebrate life transitions and aging. Topics – both humorous and serious – range from the importance of choosing a name, waiting at the hospital and getting wrinkles to blended families, step-grandparenting, in-laws, boundaries and dying. Generation G will inspire grandmothers to realize their calling and encourage them to give away the gift of themselves in new ways. You can read more about the author and the book at www.martynorman.com
If you’re still looking for a Christmas present for the Grandparents or for yourself, you can find Marty’s book on Amazon and your local bookstore.
For those of you who do long-distance grandparenting here are a few tips to help shorten the miles:
- Create an email account and email them a note regularly.
- Text your grandchildren, even if they are little you can do it via mom/dad’s phone.
- Hallmark has recordable storybooks with recording capability built in.
- Facebook and Skype has video conferencing capability so that you can see each other.
- Parents can scan pictures they have drawn and email them or take a picture of it and send it via your phone.
- Find out what they like, research it and take an interest by asking them questions about it. Yes, even if it doesn’t actually interest you.
What are some bonding activities your grandkids enjoy?
If you would like to win a copy of her book you will need to do one simple thing see below.
- Your automatically in the drawing once you Follow us by clicking on FOLLOW on the sidebar or LIKING our FB page which you can also do from the sidebar.
We will have a random drawing and announce the winner on the morning of December 7th. Stay Tune!