Welcome to our series Simplifying Christmas Gatherings. On Monday we focused on Holiday Meal Recipes and Tuesday it was Appetizer Recipes but today we are going to move away from what you cook to how you look with our: What Not To Wear Christmas Edition & Tips.
I am not opposed to saucy, fashionista, out of the box, wear it with panache styles BUT there are somethings that should never happen. Even if your 99.9 percent confident in your sartorial prowess don’t walk out the house to your Christmas Party dressed like this.
For example, we have here this fine gentlemen sporting the latest Floridian Christmas trend: If you must wear crochet please abstain from wearing it on your bottom.
Right off the runway with designer, Chewbaca the latest in Goat Fur boots. Though I must add, there are some cute fur boots out there but these I just don’t have words for.
From Style Tread- “No, this doesn’t mean you have to stifle fun fashion with daft do’s and don’ts, but it does mean that your height, shape, and personal style impacts the look of your boots.
- With Bare Legs– Don’t get us wrong, bare legs with boots can be super sexy, but in the wintertime, it just looks strange. This is especially the case with short ankle booties. Plus, it can’t be very comfortable with the cold weather! Stick to some chic tights or a pair of legging or skinny jeans.
- With Capris or Cutoffs– Although capris and cutoffs are primarily summertime wardrobe choices, many women try to wear them on brisk fall or chilly winter days, thinking they can still get some use out of them. Nothing ruins the look of a sizzling winter boot more than a pair of capris or cutoffs. Whether you’re tall, short, slim, or round, avoid this look like the plague! It will only throw off your proportion and make you look shorter. “
The infamous harem pants or for those of us who survived the 80′s we call them, Hammer pants. Maybe they are comfortable but I still can’t imagine having an excessive amount of fabric hanging between my legs to be comfortable, nevertheless, they have been back for two seasons now.
And speaking of pants and boots here is a great tip from Style Berry:
Tucking Non-Skinny Jeans in your Boots Tip
Dressing Down a Fancy Dress
One of the conundrums I continuously find myself in, is going from a go to work mom to a stay at home and work mom and figuring out how to dress down my nice work clothes, without having to buy new clothes. If you have a fancy dress lying around and need to dress it down here are a few tips:
- Wear it with boots. Boots add a casual look to the fanciest dresses.
- Wear it with a jean jacket, frock or cardigan.
- Try it with leggings and casual flats.
- Add a belt.
What are some of your What Not To Wear Fashion Tips?