Simplifying Christmas Series: Day 5- Hot Chocolate & Christmas Carols

via 33 Shades of Green

What better way to end our Simplifying Christmas Series with pressing PAUSE and PONDERING Christmas.  Sit back with a cup of hot chocolate (Peppermint Hot Chocolate recipe below) and enjoy all your hard work and money you have put into decorating and blog posting about your christmas projects.  Ponder this for a moment: Love came down in form of a baby, for me!

This year one of my Christmas Wishes that I’ve had for as long as I can remember, came true!  I was able to convince a group of friends and my family to go caroling with me.

It was absolutely, positively delightful! Spreading Christmas cheer is a great way to fill up with the Christmas spirit. I really don’t understand why people don’t do it more often.  I have never had anyone ring my doorbell to sing carols, have you?
Sit back and enjoy pondering the lyrics to this Christmas song:

I have traveled many moonless night….

Cold and weary, with a babe inside

And I wonder what I’ve done

Holy Father, you have come

And chosen me now

To carry your son

I am waiting in a silent prayer

I am frightened by the load I bear

In a world as cold as stone,

Must I walk this path alone?

Be with me now

Be with me now

Chorus:

Breath of heaven

Hold me together

Be forever near me

Breath of heaven

Breath of heaven

Light up my darkness

Pour over me your holiness

For you are holy

Breath of heaven

Do you wonder as you watch my face

If a wiser one should have had my place

But I offer all I am

For the mercy of your plan

Help me be strong

Help me be

Help me

(Chorus)

Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant

What Christmas Carol speaks to you?

Nutella Peppermint Hot Chocolate

1 mint tea bag or 1 tsp of Mint Extract or 1 drop of peppermint oil

1 cup milk (skim for a healthier version

2 tbsp heavy cream

2 1/2 Tbsp Nutella

1 Tbsp Cocoa

1-2 tsp sugar

In a small sauce pan (low heat) mix all ingredients together until well blended and hot. Pour in a cup and top with whipped cream and shaved chocolate!

Note: If you want a mocha kick to it add 2 tsp of instant coffee.

Tags: , , , ,

15 Responses to “Simplifying Christmas Series: Day 5- Hot Chocolate & Christmas Carols”

1. December 19, 2011 at 6:24 pm #

This sounds wonderful…and I will have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing! And the Christmas caroling…you wouldn’t have to twist my arm…that would be so much fun!
    Sharon
    Stop by and visit sometime http://www.imsharonwithyou.blogspot.com

2. December 19, 2011 at 7:15 pm #

Sharon, it is so much fun. I highly recommend it! Just payed you a visit, beautiful photography! Thanks for stopping by and the sweet words!

3. December 20, 2011 at 11:07 am #

Yum! I might just have to make this!! Thanks!

4. December 21, 2011 at 11:43 am #

Wow! This sounds incredible! As for Christmas carol that speaks to me… I alway have loved O Come, O Come Emmanuel, and almost all of Michael W. Smith’s Christmas album (especially All Is Well).

• December 26, 2011 at 7:49 am #

Karen,
      I miss our MW Smith Christmas album it was lost when our computer died:( a year ago. Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy our readers comments.

5. December 21, 2011 at 12:37 pm #

Lovely post and the Nutella chocolate sounds divine!

Thank you for sharing the season at Potpourri Friday! May you have a Merry Christmas and the Happiest of Holidays!

6. December 22, 2011 at 2:51 pm #

Sounds so good, and would be great to have right now. Have any extras. I l love Christmas carols and really like O come Emanuel. Thanks for sharing at Sunday’s Best and wishing you very happy holiday’s.

7. December 23, 2011 at 2:38 pm #

Yum! Sounds good on a cold day :)

8. December 28, 2011 at 3:14 pm #

I love that song!! And I looooove anything peppermint-chocolate! Thanks for sharing at shine on fridays!

• December 29, 2011 at 7:27 pm #

Amy, Tis the season for all things Peppermint-Chocolate! Enjoy it we only have a couple more days for it :).

1. For Adoption: New Holiday Traditions | Sonia G Medeiros - December 20, 2011

[...] Simplifying Christmas Series: Day 5- Hot Chocolate & Christmas Carols (inspiredbyfamilymag.com) GA_googleAddAttr("AdOpt", "1"); GA_googleAddAttr("Origin", "other"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_bg", "ffffff"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_border", "cccccc"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_text", "333333"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_link", "0060ff"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_url", "df0000"); GA_googleAddAttr("LangId", "1"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "tuesday-toss-up-2"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "lifelistclub"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "blog"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "blogger"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "blogging"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "cayenne-pepper"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "chocolate"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "christmas"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "christmas-rituals"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "christmas-tradtions"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "cocoa"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "cook"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "family"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "family-traditions"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "holiday"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "hot-chocolate"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "hot-chocolate-recipes"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "hot-cocoa"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "hot-cocoa-recipes"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "jammies"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "life-list-club"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "milk"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "not-all-who-wander-are-lost"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "online-communities"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "pajamas"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "pjs"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "postaweek2011"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "sonia-g-medeiros"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "togetherness"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "unsweetened-cocoa-powder"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "whipped-cream"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "writer"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "writing"); GA_googleFillSlot("wpcom_sharethrough"); Rate this: Share this:Like this:LikeBe the first to like this post. This entry was posted in Tuesday Toss-Up and tagged #LifeListClub, Blog, blogger, blogging, Cayenne pepper, Chocolate, Christmas, christmas rituals, christmas tradtions, cocoa, Cook, Family, family traditions, holiday, Hot chocolate, hot chocolate recipes, hot cocoa, hot cocoa recipes, jammies, life-list-club, Milk, not all who wander are lost, Online Communities, pajamas, pjs, postaweek2011, Sonia G Medeiros, togetherness, unsweetened cocoa powder, Whipped cream, Writer, writing. Bookmark the permalink. ← The Most Important Writing Lesson I Ever Learned by Jenny Hansen [...]