Light Balsamic Roasted Veggies

Has “sweets” been a staple food group in your daily diet during these holidays?  Unfortunately, it has for me, I guess it’s time to turn over a new leaf and all since it’s the beginning of a new year.

It’s still cold here so roasting veggies in the oven is a wonderful option for some healthy eating.

Light Balsamic Roasted Veggies from my cocina (kitchen)

Ingredients

2 tbl Balsamic Vinegar

3 tbl Olive Oil

Chopped Veggies:onions, corn, carrots, red bell, potatoes(small chunks for even cooking)

Italian seasoning

salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 400

1. Put chopped veggies in a bowl, except the corn and onions.
  2. Add the oil, vinegar and sprinkle seasoning over everything; mix well.
  3. Stick in oven for an hour or until the veggies are tender in the middle.
  4. Every 20min make sure to toss the veggies in the pan for even cooking. After the first 20min add the corn.
  5. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Recipe was created in my cocina.

46 Responses to “Light Balsamic Roasted Veggies”

1. Beth S
    January 2, 2012 at 6:39 pm #

Yum – roasting is my favorite thing to do with pretty much any veggies except salad. Recently I’ve been on a roasted cauliflower kick. So tasty!

2. January 2, 2012 at 7:03 pm #

Hey Beth, I wish I would think to do it more often. I do love my crunchy fresh veggies though. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

3. January 3, 2012 at 3:18 pm #

It’s linky party time again! This post would be great at it if you wanna share it! Here is the link! http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party

4. January 4, 2012 at 10:42 am #

Yummy!

5. January 4, 2012 at 10:11 pm #

Thank you so much for joining my linky party! This post rocks!

6. January 5, 2012 at 2:49 pm #

This looks and sounds so good. Saw it on Open House Party. Am going to make it for a luncheon next week. I needed a good roasted vegie recipe and I think this will fill the bill. Am a brand new blogger of 7 weeks and so glad I found you. I thought I was following but apparently not.

Nann

• January 6, 2012 at 7:14 pm #

Nann, let me know how it turns out for you! Welcome to the world of blogging and join in our fun by following through fb or feeds! thanks for stopping by!

7. January 5, 2012 at 3:31 pm #

Your photo is lovely…. I am now hungry! lol Lella xx

• January 6, 2012 at 7:15 pm #

Lella,
      So glad you liked the photo. I always enjoy a photo compliment esp. since I am not an expert in that area.

8. January 6, 2012 at 12:18 pm #

Those look so tasty!! Prepared the right way, veggies can be the most delicious part of a meal. Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

• January 6, 2012 at 7:17 pm #

Amy,
      Yes, I agree but the best thing is you don’t even have to prepare them to get a scrumptous bite. I love fresh red bell peppers. I can eat them like an apple.

9. January 6, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

Your delicious looking photo caught my attention on Inspiration Friday! I absolutely love roasted vegetables, and the addition of balsamic vinegar sounds wonderful! I’ll have to try this!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

10. January 6, 2012 at 2:32 pm #

Mmm, You had me at Balsamic!

11. January 6, 2012 at 10:04 pm #

This sounds so yummy! A great change from all the sweets as of late. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing!

12. January 7, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

These sound great! I love roasted vegetables! Thanks for sharing!

13. January 7, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

Can you use white balsamic vinegar?? I have every ingredient and want to make it tonight!!

• January 7, 2012 at 3:29 pm #

Sarah,
      I am not sure but I would try it. That is how I cook, I don’t mind changing things around. So if I was in your place I would of used my white balsamic vinegar. If you do let me know, how it turns out.

14. January 7, 2012 at 9:17 pm #

healthy yummy and low in calories!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

15. January 8, 2012 at 11:53 am #

That looks simple, tasty, and healthy – LOVE it!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a GREAT weekend,
    Beth =-)

16. January 9, 2012 at 8:49 am #

This looks so super yummy!!!!

17. January 9, 2012 at 8:12 pm #

Mmm I must try this! I love balsamic! Thanks for sharing over at The Girl Creative! I’m your newest follower, I’d love it if you could follow me back! Thanks can’t wait to check out the rest of your amazing blog

18. January 10, 2012 at 6:25 am #

Ohhhh this looks so yummy and HEALTHY! Love it, thanks for sharing!

• January 10, 2012 at 12:32 pm #

Megan,
      I know I need healthy and yummy after all my holiday sugar snacks or meals, lol.

19. January 10, 2012 at 12:01 pm #

Ohh, I would love to have this for lunch today! I would love for you to link up with my party at http://anoriginalbelle.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-it-yourself-monday-10-link-up.html

Have a great day!

• January 10, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

H. Rae,
      It is easy enough to make for lunch. I just put you on my link party list. Thanks for stopping by. Mari

20. Kelly Gubler
    January 10, 2012 at 7:12 pm #

Love it! Sounds fabulous and easy! Found you over at Junk-In-Their-Trunk!

21. Laura H
    January 11, 2012 at 7:12 pm #

When I tried this, I used some potatoes, yukon gold I think? and they did not get cooked through, while everything else in my pan (carrots, corn, onions, bell peppers) got way over-done. Did I do something wrong? Any suggestions? I’m thinking perhaps the potatoes should have gone in before the other veggies.

• January 11, 2012 at 8:01 pm #

Laura,
      Not sure what happened, bummer. Mine were not over cooked and my potatoes were just right. Just things to check for since I am not sure what happened if you followed the recipe exactly as stated above.
      -potatoes are chopped small not large chunks
      -all the veggies are evenly coated with oil
      -rotating veggies every 20min
      -make sure your oven doesn’t heat over 400 sometimes ovens are off so I bought an oven thermometer for ours just to make sure.
      If all else fails do what works for you and stick the potatoes in first. Let me know

• Laura H
        January 11, 2012 at 8:31 pm #

AHA!!! I bet that my potatoes were in too large of pieces. I’m often guilty of cutting things too big/too small/not in proportion – I think i in proportion to my potatoes the rest was probably too small, and that’s probably how I got to that point… (I’ve done a lot of thinking and examining since I cooked them in addition to what you suggested.) I am planning on trying it again sometime in the next week or two because I have a lot of leftover (uncooked) veggies that I don’t want to waste. I will let you know what happens! I definitely think it was me and not your recipe. I’m a little bit of a disaster in the kitchen, haha. I can handle one-pot dishes and casseroles, and when I move past that I’m in murky territory :)

22. January 12, 2012 at 6:06 am #

Laura,
    LOL, yes, do let us know. Thanks for your feedback and I did add to the recipe just in case it helped someone else, “(small chunks for even cooking).”

23. Emily
    January 15, 2012 at 3:42 am #

Hi! I’m featuring this at this weeks Tasty Tuesday party!! Come on over and grab a featured button. http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com

24. January 19, 2012 at 1:39 am #

This is something worth sharing. This a healthy recipe.

• January 19, 2012 at 7:46 am #

Yes, let me know if you want to share it on your website. You have tons of great recipes. Thanks for stopping by.

25. January 27, 2012 at 1:17 am #

Looks very delish! Please share at my party Taste This Thursday!

26. December 3, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

I love any food that involves balsamic vinegar.