The girly girl inside me is loving all of the ruffles and rosettes that are trending in home decor.
Dress your party table up with this lovely flowing ruffled tablecloth. You won’t believe how easy it was to make, so stick around and I will show you how. I bought the tablecloth on clearance after Christmas for $3 and the strips of fabric were left over from Christmas crafting. It took me 2.5hrs to complete. I love turning my sewing projects into NO SEW! Back in October I made a No Sew Ruffled Tree Skirt that received lots of attention after Babble Ezine featured it, over 2,800 hits.
You will need
- square tablecloth * (I used vinyl, for easy clean-up)
- craft glue
- strips of fabric
- Cut strips of fabric 4.5 inches wide. Depending on how long your table is and how wide your strips are.
- First row glue the whole piece of fabric.
- Glue it in sections and then gather it.
- Next 4 rows are only glued and gathered at the top, like normal ruffles. Layer each row with about .5 – 1 inch overlapping.
*Note: Make sure your tablecloth is extra long so that it’s the length of where you want to glue the ruffled strips. I did not add ruffles to the back. If you can’t find an extra long tablecloth you can glue solid color fabric to the sides so that it’s the same width as the front & back. Then you can keep adding your ruffles.