Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth– for your love is more delightful than wine. ~ Song of Solomon 1:2 (NIV)
- cut out pocket
- add button/button hole
- “made by” tag
- add a message on the main part of pillow before sewing together -
- some examples ~ kiss me, zzzz, let’s chat, wanna play?
- Lay out fabric
- Cut out main heart shape (2)
- Cut out medium size heart shape (2)
- Sew smaller heart together – right sides together (use a larger seam allowance than normal), leaving a 3 inch opening to turn.
- Clip curves
- Turn right side out
- DO NOT close the hole where you turned it
- Take larger heart pieces and sew a message on both sides if you’d like. (For correct placement put the smaller heart you just made up against it and trace the area you need to stay within with chalk.)
- NOTE I do not have an embroidery machine….I just used my free-motion quilting foot for one side and a simple stitch for the other. Just write out your word(s) in chalk and sew!
- Place main heart pieces right sides together.
- Place smaller heart with the opening pulled out into the seam of the main heart pillow.
- Place “made by” tag in seam allowance.
- Sew around the edge.
- Clip curves.
- Turn right side out.
- Stuff it!
- Hand or machine stitch opening closed.
- Add a button and button-hole!
|measure your button to see the length you need for the button hole! This one was 16.|
I hope you try to create your own message pillows! Let us know if you do!
together in perfect unity. ~ Colossians 3:14