Ladybug Party

My boys had unexpected days off, hmmm, maybe I should say I didn’t check the calendar.  They asked if they could have friends over, so I decided this would be a good time to have a Valentines Kids Crafting Party!  We usually craft our V-day cards and gifts for teachers with just our family, but I thought this would be more fun for them.  My friends came over, EIGHT boys in my house on a rainy day.

Yes, BOYS can craft! In between, making shooting sounds and chasing each other on a wet afternoon they would come inside to craft and snack.

The Ladybug Snacks on the NO Sew Ruffled Tablecloth (tutorial here):

Ladybug apples- apples, mini choco morsels & prunes

Strawberry Ladybugs- melted chocolate, strawberries & mini choco morsels

Ladybug Tomat0es – ritz crackers, red pepper dip mixed w/cream cheese, tomatoes, poppyseeds, raisins

Rice Krispy Ladybug Treats-  Cute little treats no cooking involved.   via Hungry Happenings

Ladybug Cakepops picture via Just Icing on the Cake, I love how adorable these turned out.

PB & J Heart Shaped Sandwiches

White Chocolate Lovebug Cake!

If you haven’t worked with White Chocolate Clay you must, it’s yummy!

Getting their Craft On!

We made these easy teacher gifts- Heart Shaped Stamped Clay Magnets  that I put together for Spanglishbaby.com article.

Our boys will be giving their classmates this Super Hero Valentines that says:

You’re a SUPER Friend! via A Mom Not A Pro

Arent these adorable I had to include them in this article. Ladybug Bag Treats via Glorious Treats

I had so much fun photographing this Dessert Table!  I LOVE Gerber daises, they are so photogenic and happy!

Which is why I used them in my wedding, that and tulips!

Tags: , , , , ,

31 Responses to “Ladybug Party”

1. January 28, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

So cute! I’m impressed! 8 little ones crafting in one afternoon!

• January 28, 2012 at 6:03 pm #

Virginia,
      Thankfully, my friends accompanied their kids. I don’t think I would have wanted to do this w/o their help.

2. January 28, 2012 at 7:31 pm #

This is so super cute!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a GREAT week,
    Beth =-)

3. January 28, 2012 at 7:38 pm #

This is absolutely adorable! I’m so impressed that you got boys to make such cute valentines’ crafts, I will have to try some of these out with my little sisters!

• January 29, 2012 at 11:49 am #

Modern Alice,
      Thanks, for the love! They didn’t make the ladybug bags, maybe too girly for them :).

4. January 29, 2012 at 10:15 pm #

This is such a great idea. I love that you are letting the boys explore their crafty side too, cumming from a mom of a 19 month old son. Just adorable. Great job!

• January 30, 2012 at 6:49 am #

Jen,
      They had no choice in exploring that side having me as their momma,lol. I am just glad they enjoy it but I am not sure how much longer that will last with my oldest being 7.

5. January 30, 2012 at 6:00 pm #

Cuter and cuter! Love all of this! Thank you for linking up with Make-It-Yourself Monday!

6. January 30, 2012 at 8:31 pm #

What a darling party and such a fun idea for a Valentine’s Day get together!

• January 30, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

Thanks Mariah, I can’t wait to see what you will be sharing with our readers!

7. January 31, 2012 at 7:49 pm #

Pretty impressive you had 8 boys crafting, and lady bugs no less. Pretty crafty of you! Love the ladybug on top of the cake. All such great projects. Thanks for sharing such a great tip. Thanks for sharing your creative inspirations with Sunday’s Best party.

• February 2, 2012 at 7:56 pm #

Cathy,
      Your such a great encourager, thx! I think they are still young enough that all my ladybug food was cool to them than girly, lol.

8. January 31, 2012 at 8:41 pm #

Soooo super cute!! Thanks for linking up for Mop It Up Mondays!!

; )

9. Tara
    February 1, 2012 at 11:11 am #

What a fun party! I love ladybugs. I’d love for you to link up to my party this week. You can win a chance $20 of vintage jewelry just for linking up. http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2012/01/will-craft-forfree-jewelry.html

10. February 2, 2012 at 10:39 am #

What a fabulous idea! All of the ladybug touches are just so adorable! Thank you so much for sharing this at our Uncommonly yours link party. Hope to see you next week!

11. February 3, 2012 at 7:00 pm #

This is to cute!

12. February 3, 2012 at 7:41 pm #

What a wonderful party! My daughter used to have ladybugs in her room when she was little!

13. February 4, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

Thanks so much for linking up to CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet Party!
    Hope to see you next Saturday……Have a blessed week:)

14. February 4, 2012 at 10:27 pm #

how very very cute – i love the ladybug theme for parties – well done in following it through all the details!

15. February 5, 2012 at 6:38 pm #

You deserve an all-star award for managing 8 boys and still managing to take knock-out photos at the same time! Beautiful! andrea@townandprairie

16. February 6, 2012 at 6:31 pm #

Thank you for sharing your wonderful post at Potpourri Friday!

17. February 8, 2012 at 1:33 pm #

Wow! What a beautiful party! Thanks so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

18. February 9, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

This is such a cute lady bug party!! We absolutely love it! Thanks so much for joining us on “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We loved having you and hope to see you back next Saturday with more of your ideas!! -The Sisters

1. ABC’s of Simply Celebrating Holidays | Inspired By Family Magazine - January 7, 2013

[...] Lady Bug Party [...]

2. DIY Simple Treat Favor Bags | Inspired By Family Magazine - January 17, 2013

[...] Lady Bug/ Love Bug Party Ideas [...]

3. Valentine’s Day Paper Bag Crafts | Inspired By Family - February 13, 2013

[...] Lady Bug Party [...]

4. Easy Ladybug SnacksInspired by Familia - April 4, 2014

[…] can hop on over here to see the whole party.  Here’s a little peak of the Ladybug Party dessert […]