Your Winter Wardrobe with a Splash of Color

I love that March is around the corner! Mother Nature is awaiting to splash our world with color as the first buds of green appear giving us a glimpse of hope for warmth.  Usually by the end of February I get so tired of my dark and dull wardrobe.  I am ready to embrace some sunshine, literally and figuratively.  Don’t you love that giddy feeling you get when you walk into the department store and the displays are decked out for Spring?

Since Winter is still lingering around, here is a fun way to color this season:

• Add a pop of color with your accesories: jewelry, hand bag, nail polish, belt, scarf
  • A perky cardigan.
  • It may be too early for sandals but some fun springy flats will energize your wardrobe.
  • A crisp white shirt w/ ruffles.
  • Springy sleeveless top with a cardigan over it to keep you warm.
  • A light flirty skirt to go with your wintery top.

Come away with me as we dream of Spring!

This soft lavender reminds me of genteel ladies in their long graceful dresses out on the grassy knoll having a picnic with Mr. Darcy.

Lavender and grey

This happy yellow is screaming “SPRING, lets play in fields of butterflies and daffodils.”

Yellow and grey

Soft Pink reminds me of fluffy cotton candy at the fair.

soft pink and grey
images via Polyvore-Kristen-344

Stop by and add your mommy moments pictures and win some great prizes!

12 Days of Capturing Motherhood Through Your Lens!

Inspired by Family Magazine

8 Responses to “Your Winter Wardrobe with a Splash of Color”

1. February 28, 2012 at 8:09 pm #

I am loving these outfits and I agree it is in all of the accessories and layering! I think gray this season is going to be huge color, it could be because I love pairing it with pastels:)

• February 28, 2012 at 8:32 pm #

Mindy, I really think gray is that versatile color you can pair it up with so many things. Kind of like with khaki. Thanks for stopping by and the sweet comment!

2. mattandkikismith
    February 29, 2012 at 7:11 am #

I am loving these looks. I pinned them to my fashion board for inspiration. Thanks for sharing!!

3. March 1, 2012 at 7:27 am #

These are all so cute!!! I love them!! I’ve been looking for winter inspiration!! I can’t wait to get home and see where I can get the tops!! Our office has blocked Polyvore and Pinterest :(

Thanks for the ideas!! Found you on Shabby Creek Cottage.

4. March 1, 2012 at 1:56 pm #

The lavendar outfit I’m so crushing! I’d love to go pick this up right now…if only money grew on trees, right? Thanks for sharing such spring prettiness~ Found you from 36th Ave. linky party.

5. March 2, 2012 at 11:52 am #

Love the outfits- LOVE the yellow especially!! Thanks for linking up at FNF! :)

6. March 3, 2012 at 9:35 am #

These are great outfits, but I really like the gray and yellow combo! So cute! Thanks for sharing~Angie

1. Modest is Hottest: How to be Stylishly Modest | Inspired By Family Magazine - August 25, 2012

[...] Your Winter Wardrobe With a Splash of Color [...]