Baked Brownie Pudding

Contributing Writer: Leslie Cates

Everyone needs a delicious and easy chocolate dessert in their back pocket–or in this case, apron pocket– and baked brownie pudding is mine!  This dessert is derived from a Barefoot Contessa recipe, and it’s the perfect blend of a fudge brownie and rich chocolate pudding. You don’t need a knife to cut into this, but a large spoon to scoop out the molten chocolate goodness in the middle. If you want to enjoy this the way we do, you need to start by pouring yourself some milk in tall frosty glasses that have been in the freezer.  Next, dip out a serving of the baked brownie pudding while it’s still warm from the oven and top with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.  It’s just the right dessert to curl up on the couch with and watch your favorite feel-good movie with your family on the weekend!

Baked Brownie Pudding

1/2 lb. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus extra for buttering the dish
4 extra large eggs, at room temperature
2 c. sugar
3/4 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. vanilla bean paste, or seeds of one vanilla bean
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Butter a 2 quart (9x12x2 in. ) oval baking dish.  Melt butter and set aside to cool.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the sugar and eggs on medium high speed for 5 minutes, until thick and light yellow.
Meanwhile, sift the cocoa powder and flour together and set aside.
When the egg and sugar mixture is ready, lower the speed to low and add the vanilla seeds and cocoa powder and flour mixture.  Mix only until combined.
With the mixture on low, slowly pour in the cooled butter and mix again until just combined.
Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared dish and place it in a larger pan.  Add enough of the hottest tap water to the pan to come halfway up the side of the dish and bake for exactly 1 hour.
Take the time to lick the batter off the spoon if you’re not afraid of a little raw egg.
After baking for 1 hour, insert a cake tester 2 inches from the side and it will come out three-quarters clean.  The center will appear very under-baked.
Allow to cool just a bit and serve with vanilla ice cream.
This dessert is between the deliciousness of a brownie and a pudding.
Here’s your bite!

Tags: , ,

16 Responses to “Baked Brownie Pudding”

1. Melissa
    March 5, 2012 at 8:04 am #

So proud of you! I am going to try this as my family loves brownies and chocolate pudding and this looks like all the chocolate goodness wrapped into one.

2. March 5, 2012 at 7:47 pm #

Girl you keep tempting me with your recipes! It’s in my must make for the hubby dessert. He likes chocolatey gooey yumminess!

3. March 5, 2012 at 8:19 pm #

Sounds and looks so delicious! Thank you for linking up with M-I-Y Monday!

4. March 6, 2012 at 11:53 am #

Oh so yummy! Thanks so much for sharing!

5. March 7, 2012 at 5:47 pm #

I’ve gotta try this! It looks soooo good. I’d love for you to share this at my link party. It runs Tues-Sat. http://adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com/2012/03/terrific-tuesdays-5.html

6. March 8, 2012 at 10:33 pm #

Oh, my, chocolate always catches my eye. This looks SO good! Thanks for sharing over at Shine on Friday, just jumped over from there. :)

7. March 10, 2012 at 8:26 pm #

This looks delicious! I’m intrigued by the texture and may just have to make it.

8. March 10, 2012 at 8:46 pm #

Wow! And so easy too. I would have no problem devouring this – alongside a huuuuuge glass of milk. :)

9. March 11, 2012 at 1:05 pm #

YUMMMM!!! I can’t imagine how yummy this tastes…two of my favorite things brownies and pudding! I came across your blog on Happ-Go-Lucky and am now your newest follower! I’d love it if you visited my blog : )

10. March 11, 2012 at 2:19 pm #

Wow, this looks incredible and it definitely has me in the mood for chocolate now!

11. March 12, 2012 at 8:11 pm #

Oh my goodness, you really known how to tease someone with this delicious brownie. I so want one, and wished you lived close because I would run over and eat it up. Thanks for sharing the recipe and for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best!

1. Link Party #24 Highlights – “Turning the Daunting Into the Do-able” - March 12, 2012

[...] a contributing writer for  Inspired By Family Magazine, shared this oh, so yummy looking Baked Brownie [...]

2. Chocolate Fudge Pudding « From the Hobbit Hole Kitchen - April 6, 2012

[...] Baked Brownie Pudding (inspiredbyfamilymag.com) [...]

3. Top 3 Comfort-Style Desserts | Inspired By Family Magazine - September 10, 2012

[...] We love children and can’t wait for that blessing one day! More yumminess: Mud Hen Bars Baked Brownie Pudding Chocolate Bundles with Ganache Share this:TwitterFacebookEmailLike this:LikeBe the first to like [...]

4. Best Family Projects | Inspired By Family Magazine - January 1, 2013