April Showers Party

Featured Writer: Jenny Dixon
Inspiration

My son loves wearing rain boots,  jumping in puddles, and searching for rainbows. Throwing him an April Showers party was an easy decision for his 3rd birthday. (this party was also featured in our magazine go here)

Decorations

The colors for the party were various shades of light blue with an accent of rainbow. To set the mood for our party, the windows were covered with rain drop garlands and oversize clear umbrellas filled with rainbow colored paper lanterns. A rain boot table runner covered the dining room table, and coat racks were filled with toddler size rain coats.

Desserts

The dessert table displayed beautiful rain boot and cloud cookies, a s’more mix bar (teddy grahams, marshmallows, and M&Ms), rain drop cake pops, and rain puddle cupcakes
Activities
A rainbow making station provided a quick and easy craft for our 3 year old friends using lots of glue, rainbow colored pasta, and cotton balls
Party Favors
Each child took home a personalized button monogrammed umbrella. I was delighted to find inexpensive, toddler size umbrellas but they were too plain to give out as is so I sewed the children’s initials on with buttons. Just the pop of color they needed!

It was a fantastic party and everyone had a great time! The BEST compliment of the day came from my oldest son who has told us that he now wants the same exact party for his June birthday!

For more Spring inspiration check out our ALL THINGS SPRING ISSUE here.
Party Sources
Invitation & Celebration Circles by Pen n’ Paperflowers
Wellies & Cloud Cookies by Dandy Delights
Flower Cookies by The Sweetest Thing
Table Runner from A to Z Celebrations
Paper Straws and Favor Bags from Sugar Diva
Candy Cups & Giant Balloon (see it here) from Sweet Lulu
Paper Balls & Umbrellas from Oriental Trading
Photography, styling, garlands, rain drop cake balls and cupcakes made by me
About Jenny Dixon– Jenny is the mom of two active boys, Jack (5) and Noah (3). She has been married to her baseball obsessed husband Matthew for 9 adventure filled years. They reside in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Jenny enjoys re-purposing thrift finds, DIY projects, painting, photography, and party planning.
For more budget friendly DIY tutorials, party ideas, and kid-friendly crafts visit Crossing the Bugger-Dixon Line.

Tags: , ,

22 Responses to “April Showers Party”

1. March 20, 2012 at 10:44 am #

What a super fun idea! Perfect for where I live too ;)

2. March 20, 2012 at 6:04 pm #

Steph, Isn’t it I love Jenny’s innovative theme and how she works the whole them into it everything with a splash of color.

3. March 20, 2012 at 8:51 pm #

Okay that is adorable, from start to finish. I love the craft and the party favors and too cute.

4. March 20, 2012 at 11:43 pm #

I can’t believe all your attention to detail. I love all the clear umbrellas filled with rainbow colors. Such clever ideas all the way around.

• March 21, 2012 at 8:19 am #

Jodi, I didn’t even notice that Jenny was using rainbow colors to go with her Showers theme. Constantly, amazed by our contributors.

5. March 23, 2012 at 9:19 pm #

What a brilliant birthday theme! I love it! My daughter loves rain puddles and her rain boots so this may be in the forecast! Bahaha

6. March 25, 2012 at 3:24 pm #

Ok. I’m giddy and sick with how AMAZING every. last. detail is!!!! WOW! I love everything about that party. And the pictures are gorgeous, but I’m sure they don’t do the party justice!! Good for you! Looked like a ton of fun to plan and create!!!

• March 26, 2012 at 8:47 am #

Michelle thanks for stopping by and showing Mariah some love with your sweet note.

7. March 25, 2012 at 8:00 pm #

So Cute!

8. March 26, 2012 at 4:26 am #

This is such a great unique party idea! We’d love for you to share it (and anything else you’d like) at our Beautify It Monday Link party going on now at BringingBeauty.blogpsot.com!

9. March 27, 2012 at 1:25 pm #

oh. my. gosh. This is incredible! I love every single thing about it…all the cute decorations, the food, the craft, the fun little details! My son is 3 1/2 and he loooves his rain boots too {in fact, he has the green frog boots that are on the end of your table runner}. I’m pinning this to show him. Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!!!

10. March 28, 2012 at 7:26 am #

So so so cute!! This is being featured today at {Junk in their Trunk}…thanks for linking up!!

11. Trish @ Mom On Timeout
    March 28, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

What a fabulous party! Just pinned this! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

12. March 29, 2012 at 11:41 am #

Oh my goodness! I’m so inspired by this party theme! My sister is due in October and my mind is going a million miles a minute, turning it into a “Showers of blessings” Baby Shower!!

13. Beth
    March 29, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

Oh wow – what a creative party! So many neat decorations!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! I shared this with my Facebook readers here: https://www.facebook.com/LivingLifeIntentionally – Looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow!
    Beth =-)

14. makinglemonadeblog
    March 29, 2012 at 7:32 pm #

Fantastic party! I love Jenny’s blog and designs. Super cute and clever. Thanks for linking up to Refresh Your Nest Friday!

15. April 1, 2012 at 10:12 pm #

Thanks so much for linking up last week! This is so fun…I’ve featured you at today’s Mop It Up Mondays! Have a wonderful week!

{HUGS},
    kristi

16. August 28, 2014 at 8:30 pm #

That is a good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
    Short but very accurate information… Thank you for sharing
    this one. A must read post!
    Cheap corporate Gifts recently posted…Cheap corporate GiftsMy Profile

1. Put Your Rain Boots to Use as Decoration - April 13, 2012

[...] Rain boots centerpiece for party from Inspired by Family Magazine. [...]

2. 15 April Showers Craft Projects | Little Red WindowLittle Red Window - April 2, 2014

[…] Rain Boot Centerpiece from Inspired by Familia […]