Before you think I’m a really healthy person, I should clarify it’s Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Glaze for breakfast!
Have I mentioned before that I HEART Pancakes! Pancakes can be whatever you want them to be: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, appetizer, dessert, cute, hearty, light……
I have been stuck in cereal mode for breakfast this past month but we are on Easter break so my family will eat like kings…..well for at least one of their meals. I used a box of pancake mix because, well, I was feeling lazy this morning. I do have a favorite from scratch pancake mix recipe that I use but we were all out of it. Thank God we had a box of pancake mix in our cupboard because I was not in the mood to whip up a from scratch batch.
Hello new friend! Are you enjoying our post? We would love to have you follow along via your favorite social network :Twitter,Pinterest or Facebook and our readers preferred way via email.
Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Glaze
created in my cocina (kitchen)
- Box of favorite Pancake mix or from scratch mix (this is our favorite pancake recipe)
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons of orange juice
- 3 tablespoons of oats
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons of raisins
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
1. Follow the instructions on the box to make about 8-10 pancakes and then add the ingredients above to the mix.
2. Heat your griddle/skillet at medium heat and add a dab of butter to it. Once the butter melts spread it over the griddle.
3. Add about 1/4 cp of pancake mix to make 4 inch pancakes.
4. Cook until you see the top covered with bubbles. Flip over and cook another minute or two.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Beat all of the ingredients above until it’s smooth. If it’s too thick just add more milk. If you need it sweeter just add more powdered sugar.
Drizzle glaze over pancakes! My husband normally is not a big fan of raisins but he really enjoyed them in this recipe.