Recipes & Labels For Your Homemade Cleaning Products

Now you can make those plastic bottles look pretty with these lovely labels.  Having the ingredients right on the label is a plus and safe (don’t want to get them confused)! I used clear packing tape to adhere and protect my labels.

For these free labels just right click on the image and copy into your document and print.

I am not a professional cleaner and if you saw my home you would know that I am telling you the truth.  These are a collection of cleaning recipes that I have gathered here and there. They have been tested in my home but I would recommend that you test them first on your appliances and home before using them.

Why make your own cleaner? It’s green, it’s doesn’t have all those chemicals and it saves you money!

You can add your own recipes by going to www.kaylaaimee.typepad.com to make your own labels.

This article was featured on our online Inspired by Family, Issue 1 Publication click on it and it will take you to the flip-page format of this article.

You will notice that a lot of the homemade solutions floating around the internet use these basic natural ingredients:

• vinegar
  • baking soda
  • water
  • borax
  • castile soap
  • essential oils-  a lot of them have anti-bacterial & anti-fungal properties and smell great: lemon, orange, peppermint, lavender, and tea tree.

For Veggie cleaner above: For Hard skin Veggies/Fruits-Spray on, rub in and rinse.

For Soft skin Veggies/Fruits- Fill a bowl with equal parts water and vinegar and let them soak for 5 min and then rinse.

Floor Cleaner recipe above is an all purpose floor cleaner that I use for my tile and wooden floors.  I have been using it now for 4 months and it works great.  Note there are other recipes esp. for wooden floors, laminate etc…… that you can find online.

Ink, Pencil, Crayon or Marker Spots Remover

If on painted surfaces use

baking soda applied to a damp sponge. Rub gently, then wipe and rinse.

Carpet Stain Remover

Mix equal parts of vinegar and water. Spray on stains, let sit for 5 minutes and scrub with soft brush. Add 1-2 drops of dishwashing liquid for tough stains.

For tough grease stains, pour cornstarch liberally on the stain and let sit until dry. Vacuum up and then use method above.

For heavy duty stains that won’t come out, mix 1/4 cup each of salt, borax and vinegar and rub into the stain. Let sit until dry and vacuum up. Use methods above if any part of the stain remains. From wellnessmama.com

Stickers on Walls

Sponge vinegar over stickers several times and wait 15 min.  Then remove stickers.

I used a funnel to make my life easier.

12 Responses to “Recipes & Labels For Your Homemade Cleaning Products”

1. April 9, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

These are so fun! Veggie cleaner…wouldn’t have thought of it…but may have to give it a try! Would love for you to link up your goodies at Mop It Up Mondays, Mari! Always love it when you stop by!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

2. Rephunzel Bowling
    April 18, 2013 at 1:26 pm #

What is one part in cup form?

3. November 5, 2013 at 1:03 am #

Hey There. I found your blog the usage of msn.
    This is a really neatly written article. I’ll make sure to
    bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information.
    Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.
    the best 18v cordless drill reviews recently posted…the best 18v cordless drill reviewsMy Profile

4. September 8, 2014 at 12:20 pm #

My developer is trying to persuade me to move
    to .net from PHP. I have always disloiked the idea because of the expenses.
    But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on a variety of websites for about
    a year and am anxious about switching to another platform.

I have hheard very good things abouut blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Elias recently posted…EliasMy Profile

5. October 16, 2014 at 7:42 pm #

Older students will always require more storage space than those in lower grades.

There are a lot of reasons why homeowners buy solid oak
    furniture. Is the furniture free of toxic chemicals, dyes, stains, glues, formaldehydes, finishes and resins.
    annonces football recently posted…annonces footballMy Profile

6. October 17, 2014 at 9:48 pm #

Para esto vamos a necesitar un número de móvil que no tengas
    vinculada con ninguna cuenta de WhatsApp, lo único que necesitaremos es que
    en este número podamos recibir mensajes de texto.
    whatsapp para pc 2012 facil y rapido recently posted…whatsapp para pc 2012 facil y rapidoMy Profile

7. October 17, 2014 at 11:50 pm #

Undeniably consider that that you stated. Your favorite justification appeared to
    be at the internet the simplest thing to understand of.
    I say to you, I certainly get annoyed even as other people consider
    concerns that they plainly do not recognize about. You managed
    to hit the nail upon the top and outlined out the whole thing without having side-effects
    , other people could take a signal. Will probably be again to get
    more. Thanks
    ดูดไขมันทั้งตัว recently posted…ดูดไขมันทั้งตัวMy Profile

8. October 22, 2014 at 5:41 am #

I pay a visit every day some websites and blogs to read content, but
    this blog presents quality based posts.
    Hope recently posted…HopeMy Profile

1. Magic Carpet Ride « this positive life - April 9, 2012

[...] Recipes & Labels For Your Homemade Cleaning Products (inspiredbyfamilymag.com) [...]

2. Household Tips & Tricks on Pinterest Tested: DIY Wrinkle Remover Spray | Inspired By Familia - March 25, 2013

[...] DIY labels and recipes for household cleaning products [...]

3. Pinterest Household Tips & Tricks Tested: Pass or Fail | Inspired By Familia - March 25, 2013

[...] DIY Homemade Cleaning labels and recipes [...]