Recipes & Labels For Your Homemade Cleaning Products

Now you can make those plastic bottles look pretty with these lovely labels.  Having the ingredients right on the label is a plus and safe (don’t want to get them confused)! I used clear packing tape to adhere and protect my labels.

For these free labels just right click on the image and copy into your document and print.

I am not a professional cleaner and if you saw my home you would know that I am telling you the truth.  These are a collection of cleaning recipes that I have gathered here and there. They have been tested in my home but I would recommend that you test them first on your appliances and home before using them.

Why make your own cleaner? It’s green, it’s doesn’t have all those chemicals and it saves you money!

You can add your own recipes by going to www.kaylaaimee.typepad.com to make your own labels.

This article was featured on our online Inspired by Family, Issue 1 Publication click on it and it will take you to the flip-page format of this article.

You will notice that a lot of the homemade solutions floating around the internet use these basic natural ingredients:

• vinegar
  • baking soda
  • water
  • borax
  • castile soap
  • essential oils-  a lot of them have anti-bacterial & anti-fungal properties and smell great: lemon, orange, peppermint, lavender, and tea tree.

For Veggie cleaner above: For Hard skin Veggies/Fruits-Spray on, rub in and rinse.

For Soft skin Veggies/Fruits- Fill a bowl with equal parts water and vinegar and let them soak for 5 min and then rinse.

Floor Cleaner recipe above is an all purpose floor cleaner that I use for my tile and wooden floors.  I have been using it now for 4 months and it works great.  Note there are other recipes esp. for wooden floors, laminate etc…… that you can find online.

Ink, Pencil, Crayon or Marker Spots Remover

If on painted surfaces use

baking soda applied to a damp sponge. Rub gently, then wipe and rinse.

Carpet Stain Remover

Mix equal parts of vinegar and water. Spray on stains, let sit for 5 minutes and scrub with soft brush. Add 1-2 drops of dishwashing liquid for tough stains.

For tough grease stains, pour cornstarch liberally on the stain and let sit until dry. Vacuum up and then use method above.

For heavy duty stains that won’t come out, mix 1/4 cup each of salt, borax and vinegar and rub into the stain. Let sit until dry and vacuum up. Use methods above if any part of the stain remains. From wellnessmama.com

Stickers on Walls

Sponge vinegar over stickers several times and wait 15 min.  Then remove stickers.

I used a funnel to make my life easier.

13 Responses to “Recipes & Labels For Your Homemade Cleaning Products”

1. April 9, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

These are so fun! Veggie cleaner…wouldn’t have thought of it…but may have to give it a try! Would love for you to link up your goodies at Mop It Up Mondays, Mari! Always love it when you stop by!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

2. Rephunzel Bowling
    April 18, 2013 at 1:26 pm #

What is one part in cup form?

3. November 5, 2013 at 1:03 am #

Hey There. I found your blog the usage of msn.
    This is a really neatly written article. I’ll make sure to
    bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information.
    Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.
    the best 18v cordless drill reviews recently posted…the best 18v cordless drill reviewsMy Profile

4. September 8, 2014 at 12:20 pm #

My developer is trying to persuade me to move
    to .net from PHP. I have always disloiked the idea because of the expenses.
    But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on a variety of websites for about
    a year and am anxious about switching to another platform.

I have hheard very good things abouut blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Elias recently posted…EliasMy Profile

5. December 24, 2015 at 11:43 pm #

Hey Your current website loads up incredibly slow for my situation, I’m
    not sure who’s issue is that on the other hand flickr starts up really immediate.
    Around the other hand thank you for publishing superb articles.
    Everybody who actually found this site should have
    noticed this short article totally handy. I have to point out that you actually have done amazing work with this and additionally hope to find out much more
    wonderful content through you. I already have you saved to my bookmarks to check blog you
    post.
    Albert recently posted…AlbertMy Profile

6. I can’t name it greasy as a result of it is extremely dry, but it surely feels as if there is something clogging up the hair and as dirty because it was previous to washing.
    organic shampoo for oily hair and dry scalp recently posted…organic shampoo for oily hair and dry scalpMy Profile

7. April 15, 2016 at 12:07 pm #

As soon as this best android apps games specific occurs that manager may #@*acb$123@#$##D#leiyan inquire a person for
    any 3 hundred dpi image of one’s item that they
    are e-mailed to be able to all of them to allow them to set the idea from the
    publication. Its sleek presentation, surprisingly still looking great even by todays
    standards, along with its realistic damage modelling and impactful licence thanks
    to EA’s financial coffers help to build heavily upon the early F1 incarnations that the Playstation played host to.
    Football Manager offers you the chance to put those opinions into practice.
    gta 5 download error 203 mysql recently posted…gta 5 download error 203 mysqlMy Profile

8. April 20, 2016 at 6:06 am #

Very good image quality with great colour accuracy; Lightweight
    and compact design; Great value for the money; Canon EF-S mount provides entry to
    a vast array of lens options; Feature Guide and Creative Auto helps new users.
    canon g7x mark ii recently posted…canon g7x mark iiMy Profile

9. April 27, 2016 at 10:46 pm #

Membership was initially restricted to ethnic German males however commissioned U.S.
    army officers in San Antonio had a standing invitation to be friends
    on the membership.
    monroe's casino club redding ca recently posted…monroe's casino club redding caMy Profile

1. Magic Carpet Ride « this positive life - April 9, 2012

[...] Recipes & Labels For Your Homemade Cleaning Products (inspiredbyfamilymag.com) [...]

2. Household Tips & Tricks on Pinterest Tested: DIY Wrinkle Remover Spray | Inspired By Familia - March 25, 2013

[...] DIY labels and recipes for household cleaning products [...]

3. Pinterest Household Tips & Tricks Tested: Pass or Fail | Inspired By Familia - March 25, 2013

[...] DIY Homemade Cleaning labels and recipes [...]