Contributing Writer: Virginia Davidson
Young Love strolls down the boardwalk hand in hand. Life is sweet and indescribable feelings of excitement crowd the sidewalk.
Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not want what belongs to others. It does not brag. It is not proud. It is not rude. It does not look out for its own interests. It does not easily become angry. It does not keep track of other people’s wrongs. Love is not happy with evil. But it is full of joy when the truth is spoken. ~ I Corinthians 13:4-6 (NIRV)
- True love ACTS – Serving when it’s needed, sitting and listening at other times. Acting with the other person in mind.
- True love SACRIFICES (time, resources, life)
No one has greater love than the one who gives his life for his friends. ~ John 15:13 (NIRV)
- True love NEVER LEAVES – Read these amazing words God said to Joshua.
- True love HOPES & ENDURES – How awe-inspiring are words of encouragement in the middle of the toughest times. I want to possess this.
- True love SEEKS & WANTS TO BE SOUGHT - There’s something about being sought that shows our true hearts. Where our priorities lie. God promises in His Word that we will find Him when we seek Him with all of our heart.
- True love REQUIRES TIME – if we don’t make (notice I didn’t say have) the time to invest in a relationship it’s hard to grow closer.