It’s that time of the year again Cinco de Mayo! Viva Mexico!
Cinco de Mayo celebrates the victory of the historical battle of 1862 between Mexico and France. This holiday is a symbol of Mexican pride and unity and includes great festivities and not to mention yummy FOOD!
There are certain spices that remind me of home and cinnamon is one of them! Enjoy this delicioso (delicious) recipe on Cinco de Mayo! I am sharing with you an easy version of fried icecream. Enjoy my easy and healthier version of Fried Ice Cream!
Viva Mexico! Easy Fried Ice Cream Balls
- Cinnamon crisp tortilla wedges- see below for recipe
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel sauce (optional)
1. Use an ice cream scoop to make the balls. Freeze balls until you are ready for them.
2. Take your wedges and crush them.
3. Take ice cream balls out and roll and cover them in the cinnamon crisp.
4. Add a dash of cinnamon on top and drizzle caramel sauce over them.
How to make cinnamon crisp wedges
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 1/4 cp butter
- 1/4 cp cinnamon and sugar
- 1 tblspn veg. oil (optional)
1. Melt your butter and brush it over the tortilla front and back.
2. Use a knife and cut the tortilla into wedges.
3. Place the wedges in pan and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mix. You can fry them in some oil or you can bake them for a healthier alternative. Bake at 350 for 8-10min or until they are a crispy, light brown. We baked ours!