Stress, chaos, chasing after kids, bribing, stern (very stern) looks, “you better smile or else”, a
crying baby who could care less about any of your threats and bribes your spouting off.
Yea, I only know this because I have heard other moms share their horror family picture stories, NOT.
Well, I thought it would be great to take some Mother’s day photos with my men.
WHAT. WAS. I. THINKING.
We were able to get a few good ones and the rest, well, were for sheer entertainment.
Tips that I need to remind myself of in the midst of the chaos:
1. Candid shots can be great.
2. Everyone looking at the camera and perfectly standing makes for a boring picture. (makes me feel better)
3. Take lot’s of photos. That way you have more to choose from or more to laugh at.
4. Have treats at hand. Yes, I am all about bribing for the sake of a good picture.
5. Take small breaks if you are going for more than 20 minutes.
6. Relax, relax, relax. The kids pick up on the tension in your voice (you like how I worded that).
7. Invest in a remote control and tripod but a friend is always a lot more helpful.
8. Know when to call it quits. It’s not worth it to drag it out.
Stop and thank God! ”Praise you Jesus, we are done and no one got strangled!”