DIY Camera Strap Cover

Welcome to our month long series, BeYOUtiful Mom, where we are celebrating motherhood through inspirational stories, crafts, recipes, fashion…..
~~~~
Featured Contributor: Leigh Ann Phillips
When my husband bought me a SLR camera I knew I wanted to make it distinctive so I made a camera strap cover for it.  You can too!
You’ll need:
Fabric - I bought a precut Jelly Roll at Joann’s but you can use any scrap fabric.
Thread
Fusible Fleece – also available at Joann’s.
My camera strap measures 23” x 1.5” which is pretty standard.  I used 3 pieces of the Jelly Roll fabric measuring 24” x 2.5” each and sewed them together.  When finished the piece measured 24” x 6.5” so you could also measure one piece to that measurement.
Using the manufacturer’s instructions for the fusible fleece, cut out and apply to the wrong side of the fabric leaving the edges open.
Fold down all the edges, press and sew.

Fold the piece in half lengthwise and sew the open edge sewing close to the edge.  This is a lot of layers by now so you might need to switch to a heavier needle.  I didn’t, I just took it slow.

Slip it onto your camera strap and you’re done!  I hope you enjoyed making this project as much as I did!
~~~~~~~~
If you like Inspired by Family articles and don’t want to miss a post in this series you can simply click here to get our updates.
~~~~~~~~~~
Hi!  I’m Leigh Ann!  Outside of my Lord and my family, I have two passions – photography and sewing. You can find me at Sew Blessed.

11 Responses to “DIY Camera Strap Cover”

1. May 21, 2012 at 12:09 pm #

Great idea using the jelly roll!!! That makes me feel motivated to finally make one for myself. Thanks! :)

2. May 23, 2012 at 4:56 am #

So cute! I love the colors and fabrics! I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at Pin It and Win It Wednesday @ http://www.cheapcraftymama.com– where you can win free ad-space on my blog!

3. May 23, 2012 at 7:49 pm #

This is so cool. Now, if I only had a camera with a camera strap….lol. It may be time to upgrade from my 10 year old digital camera. :)

4. May 23, 2012 at 8:38 pm #

I definitely need to make one of these. My camera looks so dull without some bright colors and patterns jazzing it up. I just pulled out the sewing machine this week so maybe I will work up the courage to give this a try very soon.

I’d love it if you’d link up with me at Off the Hook!

5. May 24, 2012 at 6:21 pm #

This is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

6. May 25, 2012 at 5:14 pm #

So cute!! Now I need to make my camera a new pretty camera strap cover :) Would you mind coming by my Creative @ Home Wednesday link up party and share it, I know my readers would enjoy it bunches! I’m also going to add your link up to my list and join in next week!

Blessings!
    Susan

7. May 27, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

Love this! I can’t wait to make it. Thank you for sharing it at WJIM.

8. Trish @ Mom On Timeout
    May 30, 2012 at 8:11 am #

What a fun way to add some personality to your camera! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

–Trish