You won’t even miss the meat with this protein packed recipe! It has some of my favorite mexican food ingredients: avocados, beans, cilantro, lime….. Is your mouth watering yet?
My meat loving father who comes from a long line of butchers is probably thinking, “Where did I go wrong?” Well, dad if you are reading this don’t worry I am not going Vegetarian on you. This recipe is so good that you will want to find other ways to eat it. You can snack on it with chips, have it as a salad or eat it straight out of the bowl…. I think even my Latino meat loving father would approve of my Amazing Meatless Mexican Tacos.
Amazing Meatless Mexican Tacos
- 1/2 cp quinoa
- 2 avocados diced
- flour or corn tortillas
- 1/4 cp diced cilantro
- 1/3 cp diced spinach
- 1/2 cp onions
- 1 tbl garlic paste
- 1 cp halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cps of chicken broth
For the dressing:
2 limes juiced
1tbl. dijon mustard
1tbl. olive oil
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. cumin
1tsp of chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. First soak quinoa for 5min under running water and run your fingers through it to remove the bitter taste. Then for 15min place your quinoa in 2 cups of chicken broth in a pot and bring to a boil after it boils cool on low heat for about 20 minutes.
2. In a large bowl mix in the avocado, spinach, cilantro, tomatoes and onions.
3. Once quinoa is done add the garlic paste to it.
4. Mix quinoa in with the veggies and add black beans.
5. Mix all of the ingredients for dressing in a bowl and pour over quinoa mix.
6. Place a spoonful in a tortilla and enjoy!
Do you love avocados stop by and check out their recipes or submit your own.
Submit a recipe to the Recipes From Avocado Lovers website from Avocados From Mexico