I was introduced to this wonderfully easy breakfast when a friend brought it over to us, after I had given birth. The lovely thing about this breakfast is that you can make it in so many ways or just plain. In our Fall Issue coming out this Wednesday I will share with you our Pear & Gingerbread version.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Baked Oatmeal
- 1/3cp of peanut butter (optional)
- 2 large bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cp of cacoa/unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cp of vegetable oil
- 2 cps of milk
- 1/2 cp of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2.5 cps oats
1. Mash bananas in a large bowl then stir in the first 5 ingredients with bananas (note Peanut Butter is optional, we love to make it with peanut butter)
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to banana mix.
3. Grease a pan and pour mix (consistency is that of cake mix) in and bake at 350 for about 40 mins. Insert knife if it comes out clean then it’s ready.
You can eat this alone or add milk, yogurt or if you have a sweet craving just add ice cream.
Note: It’s sweet but not like cake so if you want it sweet add more sugar.