In the Celebrating Fall Issue we shared “Breakfast on the Go Recipes” and this was one of them that I have truly enjoyed. And since it’s pretty healthy I don’t feel guilty.
In our house we are always having to eat breakfast on the go, mostly because we have slow eaters and my husband likes to be at work a few minutes early (I know right who gets to work early, these days). So this means they eat a lot of peanut butter and jelly but over the summer I had time to try out these great recipes that I am hoping to put them to use over the school year. Throughout this month, I will be sharing several of those plus some other fabulous recipes that we have tried out in our home. If you can’t wait go check them out here.
Cranberry Apple Breakfast Parfait
- Vanilla Yogurt or for a healthier version use Greek yogurt
- Granola (we used Special K)
- Dried cranberries
- 1/2 Apple thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar or panela for a healthier version
Note: You can skip the brown sugar glaze on the apples to avoid the sugar. Apples are naturally sweet so it will be fine.
1. In a sauce pan placed sliced apples over low-medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of water and the brown sugar. Keep an eye on the apples because you don’t want the sugar to harden. Cook until apples are softened to your liking then add cranberries. If the apples still need more cooking you may need to add more water.
2. Layer: yogurt, cereal, apple mix, yogurt, cereal, apples until you reach the top.
Place in a disposable or melamine cup and take it on the go!