Yogurt Bites (no freeze)

These little bites are great for a party, a snack or a school lunch treat. We shared a similar recipe, Frozen Yogurt Bites, back in our Summer Issue but I love these even more because they don’t have to be frozen. My kids absolutely love these snacks and they enjoy making them with me.

Yogurt Bites

(The recipes below is for Apple Yogurt Bites but you can mix up flavor to your liking.)

• 18 oz of yogurt (we used plain yogurt)
  • 4 oz of Jello  box powder  I used Apple Flavor

1. In a small sauce pan mix all the ingredients, for 3 minutes over low heat until Jello has dissolved.

2. Place in molds.  We have experimented with different molds. In candy molds (greased), ice trays and silicone molds.  When I placed the mix in detailed candy molds it didn’t work too well but the rest worked just fine.

3. Place in fridge until it hardens, approximately 20-30 minutes.

Left overs for these snacks don’t exist in my house, they are gone within 15 minutes but you would store them in the fridge.

I also tried strawberry yogurt and lemon jello, yum! The creations in flavor are endless, enjoy!

For more fabulous snacks and school lunch ideas stop by here: Sandwich-less Lunch Ideas, Fall recipes

Tags: , , , ,

31 Responses to “Yogurt Bites (no freeze)”

1. Elisa Klump
    August 28, 2012 at 4:53 pm #

It says 3 ingredients but only list two…am I missing something?

2. Anonymous
    August 28, 2012 at 5:55 pm #

Read t again. I thought the same thing but it says mix all ingredients for THREE MINUTES. :)

3. August 29, 2012 at 12:46 am #

How would it work if you were using Jelly crystals? We don’t get blocks of jelly in the UK they are crystals you mix up. Thanks

• August 29, 2012 at 6:42 am #

Hi Sarah, It’s for the powdered kind so I am not sure if we are talking about the same things when you say jelly crystals and I say Jello powder that comes in a box. Let me know how it works with your Jelly crystals if you try it. I am sure there are others from the UK that are in the same place as you.

4. Rochelle
    August 29, 2012 at 5:40 am #

I guess you store these in the fridge? How long can they last? Love the idea!

• August 29, 2012 at 6:46 am #

Rochelle,
      Ours never last for more than 15 minutes so I have no idea how long they last. Since it has yogurt in it I am not sure if they have the same life as Jello stored in the fridge. Our jello in the fridge can be stored for more than a week but then after a while it starts getting hard/crusty on the sides or water bubbles form and fall in the jello and it gets too soft. Let me know, how long you store yours for.

5. September 1, 2012 at 3:56 pm #

How smart! I cant wait to try these!
    ~Jamie

6. TC
    September 2, 2012 at 7:11 am #

Love this idea, just put some natural yogurt with lemon and lime jelly crystals in the fridge. For UK people you can get Hartleys jelly in sachets.

7. September 4, 2012 at 12:50 pm #

Fantastic idea!
    These look super cute and they’re quite healthy :)

8. emily
    September 4, 2012 at 9:50 pm #

oooo super fun! I’m all about yogurt! I think I may try this with just plain gelatin to avoid the sugar from the jello… SO yum!!

9. September 5, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

These yogurt bites look like such a fun little snack. I’m especially loving the star shapes. :)

10. September 6, 2012 at 5:44 am #

Non-frozen! That is my kind of yogurt bite.

11. September 6, 2012 at 6:07 pm #

Love this! We would love for you to share this on our Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday link party…just posted it! Thanks!

12. LeVere
    September 8, 2012 at 7:57 am #

going to make these in a 9×13 pan and cut like brownies for the ladies at work tonight…better than the other things we eat on night shift at the hospital

13. Jess
    April 9, 2013 at 1:40 pm #

I made a batch with plain yogurt and orange Jello…taste just like those push-pops from my childhood! My toddler loves them :)

14. May 13, 2013 at 2:54 pm #

I was so looking forward to it , I tried it and it never set properly
    I was sooo looking forward to it
    we don’t have the jello brand here, but used another brand.
    I’ll try again with some gelatin whenever I find some, I am not gonna give up until it works :)

• May 13, 2013 at 7:41 pm #

Oh no. I have used both Jello brand and generic and it has worked. Sorry, I make this all the time so I know the recipe works hopefully it works the next go around b/c it’s really yummy!

15. barb
    June 16, 2013 at 2:37 pm #

I just mixed some. My hubby bought fat free yogurt. I hope it sets properly. I will know in about 30 minutes. I’m looking for a way to have my kids eat yogurt that is not the Trix or gogurt brand. Those are expensive and full of sugar.

1. Sunday Seven Shout Outs (plus a 10 day cleanse)! - September 2, 2012

[...] Yogurt Bites – No Freeze – from Inspired By Family Magazine – don’t these just look and sound [...]

2. 10 Healthy Snacks on the Go Kids Love | Inspired By Family Magazine - November 26, 2012

[...] 3. Yogurt Bites (no freeze) [...]

3. Best Family Projects | Inspired By Family Magazine - January 1, 2013

[...] Yogurt Bites (no freeze) -Easy to make and yummy! [...]

4. Lunch Box Jokes | Inspired By Family - February 25, 2013

[...] Yogurt Bites- (no freeze so you can stick them in lunches) [...]

5. Make Your Own Fruit Snacks | Inspired By Familia - April 16, 2013

[...] I discovered how to make no freeze yogurt bites I quickly realized that tweaking the same ingredients may get me the right textured fruit [...]

6. Simple Summer Treat: Ice Cream Cone Rice Krispie Treats | Inspired By Familia - June 22, 2013

[…] Yogurt Bites (no freeze) […]

7. Simple Summer Dessert: Watermelon Rice Krispies & Photobook Giveaway! | Inspired by Familia - July 12, 2013

[...] Yogurt Bites (no freeze) [...]