Apples, caramel, pumpkin, white chocolate, yummy soup, cranberries… all things Fall, dancing in my head!
The Fall season, is my favorite time of the year. But their is a problem: Fall doesn’t exist here where we live, we only get Winter and Summer. My solution: I try to fill our home with all things Fall around this time of the year, since nature doesn’t provide its beautiful reds, browns and golden leaves in our neck of the woods.
Over the summer, my husband made a big batch of Orange Spice Tea powder or Russian Tea. We had enough for at least a 100 cups that we probably would never drink. I’m also not much of a russian tea fan so it got me thinking about other ways to use it.
I fantasized about cookies filled with caramel. This recipe was featured in the Celebrate Fall Issue!
Orange Spice Caramel Filled Cookies
1. Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and Orange spice tea
2. Cream butter, sugar and salt. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. Mix flour mixture with egg mixture, slowly adding flour.
4. Scoop a spoonful of mixture onto your hand and place caramel in center.
5. Shape it into a ball making sure the caramel is completely covered in dough.
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until light brown around edges. Let them slightly cool and enjoy the gooey caramel inside. If you choose to eat them later place cookie over hot drink to soften caramel again.
Note: Caramel doesn’t do well when it’s over cooked so make sure you keep your eyes on these cookies. If caramel is oozing from the bottom of cookie cool them upside down.