Nothing like last minute work to get your creative juices flowing. It was the day before their Halloween party and we still had not discussed the costumes. When I asked them this was their responses: Captain Hook, Peter Pan and a Pirate.
I had no time to sew nor was I in the mood, this is what I came up with for Captain Hook. After the party, it went into their costume bin and it still gets used for their pretend play.
If you are new here and you don’t want to miss our fun posts follow us via Facebook, Twitter or email.
What you need is a T-shirt you don’t mind cutting up. You can also use a polo.
- Glue for fabric
- Red Tee or polo
- Gold ribbon, Black ribbon
- Black felt for the bottom trim
1. Cut the tee as shown in the picture above. Down the middle and cut the sleeves off.
2. Use the black felt and cut out along rectangular shape it that will go around the bottom of Captain Hooks coat. Then glue the black felt to the bottom of the t-shirt.
3. Then glue the black ribbon down the middle of both sides. This gave it a more clean look and it covered up the raw cut edges.
4. Next add gold ribbon and glue it over the bottom where the black felt and the t-shirt meet.
5. Then glue small strips of gold ribbon down the middle of the coat as shown above.
This captain hook costume took me about 20 minutes to complete. The pirate hat was a lot harder to make and my son didn’t even end up using it, blah.
Check out our other fun post:
Last Minute No Sew Wizard of Oz Costumes for the family
Halloween Finger Food– Easy Recipe!