3 tbs unsalted butter
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
4-5 medium gold potatoes, peeled, chopped into 1/4 inch cubes
1 15 oz can of corn (or fresh or frozen corn), drained
2 tbs flour
3 cups of vegetable stock
1 cup of whole milk
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1 tbs fresh cilantro, minced
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
1. In a medium pot, melt the butter and add chopped onion. Saute until the onion is transparent.
2. Add the potatoes and garlic. Mix well and saute for about 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with flour, mix well so that the potatoes are coated with flour.
4. Add the corn and mix.
5. Slowly add the stock, stirring constantly while pouring the stock. Add salt, pepper and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are done.
6. Add milk and after about 5 minutes, add cheese and minced cilantro. Cook for about 5-7 minutes.