Blameless with Great Joy

Worshipping the Sun - Day 143 of Project 365

I normally don’t share like this on my e-zine because I have a blog for my personal family life ramblings but I really feel like I need to write this to encourage you in your journey. I purposely left out the details of the situation because my hope is not to exalt the evil being done but instead to bring hope to the downtrodden that have found themselves in my place and to remind them that we can stand blameless with great joy before Him! Can I hear an amen!

Awaken Me

I sat there, while the warm water rushed over me yet I still felt cold and numb.  I wanted to cry but I couldn’t. I finally had a moment to myself and nothing would come.

Once again I found myself and His truth, buried under the rubble of destruction. Not just any destruction but human destruction the kind that hurts to the core: hatred, lies, gossip and anger. Even though it has been well over 6 years since the last time I had a person physically and emotionally tear my world apart with their insecurity, lies, anger and their unstable emotional health, but still I found myself reliving all of those feelings that had found calm in the midst of the storm stirred once again.  I sat there shaking, another human tornado was out to destroy.

In the midst of this darkness, flashes of His truth would cross my mind:

He is my refuge.

He is Truth.

He shines in the darkness.

He is for me and I have nothing to be afraid.

Suddenly His truth breaks the numbness and I begin to feel a little warmth at my finger tips. Quickly my tears turn into sobbing. Suddenly they come to a halt. Again I am overcome by my situation and the evil nature of the people involved. More sobbing.

His truth begins to rise up once again, from the rubble and the darkness. And he ever so sweetly reminds me:

Love your enemies.

Pray for your enemies.

He is greater.

He is our healer.

Out of ashes you will rise.

You will stand blameless with fullness of joy before His presence.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy. Jude 24

I utter their names. I pray.

“Lord, I don’t hate them but I also don’t know how to love them. Help me feel your healing hands. Help them see your Truth. Your salvation.

Awaken in me, Lord. Awaken in me. I want your peace. I have walked around in the darkness buried by the lies.

Arise oh my soul. Arise.

I trust you. Not for one minute have I doubted your greatness in the midst of this but still I carry the burden, my joy has been robbed. My soul is downtrodden.

Awaken in me, oh Lord.”

This has been going on in my head for about thirty minutes in between sobs and silence.

Finally, the silence is broken as He brings me to stand on my two feet and my hands go up in the air. I am not a hands in the air kind of girl but nevertheless, there they were hanging in the air symbolically saying to God, “it’s yours.”

Help me Lord, help me leave this in your hands. Awaken your truth in me that is buried in the ashes “

At that moment I lifted my pain to Him and Chris Tomlin’s song began playing and with boldness and with tears I sang:

“Let faith arise.  I lift my hands to believe again. You are my refuge. You are my strength. As I pour out my heart….. I remember you are faithful God forever.”

Surely, I will rise like the sun in the darkness. Let the Smile of your face Shine on me, Lord. Psalms 4:6

Sometimes we have to call our faith to rise up out of the darkness. Not because we don’t believe but because it has been buried in the rubble of destruction and pain and you can’t see clearly. Sometimes we have to call our soul to awaken and to rise out of the ashes. Not because we have lost our hope but because we are weak. Even though we have been holding on with a tight grip, our hands go numb and we lose feeling, we lose our joy. At that moment He holds out his hand and reaches for ours, to help us rise again.

Arise my friend. May He awaken in you, what He has given to you. Don’t just claim His truth but believe it, even if you have to do it every 10 minutes.

“Arise and shine for your light has come and the Glory of the Lord rises upon you. Isaiah 60:1

~~~~~~~~~~~

What are ways you find encouragment in the midst of hard times?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our FREE Spirit of Christmas Winter Issue  is out packed with recipes, gift ideas, home decor, fashion, kid crafts and so much more!

first image from Flickr: Purplemattfish, 2nd image from Etsy shop Design Love Share if you would like to purchase your own copy stop by her lovely shop.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to “Blameless with Great Joy”

1. Beth Saav
    November 11, 2012 at 6:06 pm #

Amen!

2. Malia
    November 12, 2012 at 6:22 am #

I have found in encouragement in the honesty and in the scripture.
    Malia

3. November 12, 2012 at 11:17 am #

Well said. I am so thankful we can lean on Him when we are down and that He brings us up again.

• November 12, 2012 at 11:36 am #

Trisha, Thanks for the scripture you shared on your comment feed: James 2:13 Mercy triumphs over judgment. I am so thankful for God’s mercy and grace.

4. November 12, 2012 at 3:55 pm #

You are an inspiration to me about forgiveness which I am very bad at. I am more the vengeful type. Amen! And I am sure things will get better with your wonderful attitude!

• November 12, 2012 at 4:48 pm #

Pragmatic Mom, I wish I could say each time I am hurt I respond in a way that is glorifying to God. Unfortunately, I don’t always respond in a way that I should but in His strength I am trying to in this situation.

5. Evie
    November 21, 2012 at 7:14 am #

Your words could be my very own with the situations I have been going thru the last 9 months. I am thankful for God putting your encouragement in front of my very eyes to remind me of truth. I had to fight back tears as I read this because I read it in a public place….but they are tears of peace. God strengthen you and bless you.

6. November 21, 2012 at 7:28 am #

Evie, You are so sweet to give me words of encouragement in the midst of your pain. May the Lord continue to show you His truth and that it would sustain, strengthen and bring you hope and joy. For our hope is not wishful but it’s based on Him. Thanks for stopping by and sharing. This Gratitude project has also really helped me find perspective: http://inspiredbyfamilymag.com/2012/10/30/21-days-of-gratitude-challenge-for-the-whole-family/. Hugs, Mari

7. Rosemary Borde
    March 18, 2013 at 11:50 am #

I have been on a Black list in Boston Massachusetts since 1994.Jobs to care for my children denied, my daughter now is being denied employment, and she has a 3 year old child.
    I am denied care by physicians, I made it known to the President of the USA in 1994, the 589 union President, as well as the Director of the Division of Employment and Training City Hall MA, I want to live, and help my family, It has been 19 years of suffering. Rosemary Borde 1 Universal St. Apt.#10, Framingham, MA 01702
    I have never been offered a job to provide for my family, the hate from high principalities that controlled the credit rating in Boston, Ma destroyed my every attempt to establish work, my daughter’s life was threatened where a 40 pound window suddenly fell from the window frame on her job, and the doctor attempted to hide the cause of her injury, she survived because of the creator. I am hated because I tried to help someone, in representing them in dispute of equal rights, and justice for this reason the organization an embodiment of people in power over the union destroyed my life, and the life of my family, where I would never ever work again in Boston MA, and now that I am older after 19 years of being unemployed, I am no longer in my youth, or an asset as labeled as deemed be doomed.

I hate evil intentions, especially when I have never had any intention or desire to bring harm against anyone, yet; my life and every possibility to live a prosperous life, was intentionally and deliberate destruction of my life determined not to allow me to ever prosper, and how my family suffered along with me.

I am not dead yet, but each day of my life I cry for the years of suffering and pain only because I tried to help someone.

I know the creator loves me with all the darkness, I pray for my children now who’s lives are being deemed, hopeless because I believed in helping someone.

I was taught to do unto others as you would have the do unto you, but in my case my life was severed before I had an opportunity to live.

• March 19, 2013 at 6:28 pm #

Rosemary, I am sorry to hear all that has happened to you. I pray that you will find peace in His love.