Are you looking for some healthy grab and go snacks for your busy days? I know when I am in a hurry my snacks tend to not be healthy. I need to keep these wonderful snack ideas on the fridg. Sometimes we’re not able to get home right away after school, so I am always looking for a healthy snack options for the kids. This is usually how our conversation goes, “Mom, I want a snack. Can I have cookies?” I reply “Son, do I ever let you have Oreos for a snack? Why don’t you have some fruit?” My son replies, “Can I have chips?” For some reason my children get temporary amnesia around this time of the day and act surprise when I tell them they can’t have Oreos for a snack.
When we are headed to the zoo, a playdate, the park, or to run errands…. I always grab whatever is easiest to pack. If I can’t find anything I have even been known to stick bread, peanut butter and jelly and a butter knife into my bag. I know a bit tacky but who wants to be stuck in the craft store with a hungry and upset child and absolutely no snacks but now with these great snack ideas I will be prepared.
Below I am sharing snacks that you can make ahead and some that you can just purchase and stock up on your quick snack Walmart run. First up, is our Del Monte fruit cups they are super tasty, and if you haven’t tried their new flavors you should: the Vanilla & Spice was our favorite. It tastes like pie filling (though not too sweet)! Perfect snack for out and about – for both mommy and kids! I’m definitely a fan! #SmartSnack
1. Del Monte Fruit cups- When ever I think of healthy snacks I don’t usually think of canned or packaged fruit but you will be surprised just as I was, these fruit cups only contain 60 calories per serving, gluten-free, and they do not include high fructose corn syrup.
Fun ways to eat them:
- Freeze them and stick a popsicle stick in them.
- Eat them straight out of the bowl.
- Place Caramel flavor Diced Apple & Pears fruit cups inside pastry dough and make mini hand pies.
- Add cottage cheese to the fruit cups.
2. Popcorn w/o butter
3. Carrot sticks and apple wedges
4. Trail mix
If you are in the cooking mood here are 6 more ideas: (pictured above)
6. Apple Chips
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community, however, all opinions are my own. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Del Monte #CBias #SocialFabric