Here’s another DIY stocking stuffer idea: Mini Snow Globe. Aren’t snow globe magical! I am going to help my son make a snow globe for his brother. Last year, my 5 year old son dropped his snow globe I bought him and his older brother was much more careful and still had his. When his older brother saw him so sad about it he said “you can have mine so you can be happy.” Touched my heart.
Well, that one didn’t last because my 5 year old also dropped the one his brother gave him. I felt bad for him because he really, really wanted to own a snow globe but his little hands just can’t help but break them on accident. The glass was very thin on the snow globes we bought so with one little drop they would shatter.
So I decided I would make a snow globe from baby food jars and help my son make one for a stocking stuffer gift for his brother. I am also hoping to share this craft with a group of 8th grade girls in my small group. I think they will love to personalize their own little snow globes and then exchange them amongst themselves. Can’t beat craft gift that are so age versatile. You know how I love my baby food jar crafts!
You will need:
- Baby Food Jars
- mini toys, objects to place inside globe
- 3/4ths of baby oil and the rest of corn syrup
1. Fill your jar with baby oil and corn syrup. I tried different ratios and I prefer more baby oil then corn syrup. Make sure not to fill it to rim since you will be inserting your objects inside jar.
2. Sprinkle glitter inside.
3. Glue your objects to lid and let dry.
4. Place lid on and glue ribbon to the lid.
Flip and watch the magic!
Other Homemade Stocking Stuffer Gift Ideas: