Here’s another fun New Year’s Eve Activity that your family will enjoy: New Year’s Eve Countdown Balloon Activity. It’s great for the family or just a grown up party. You can tailor the activities inside each balloon to your crowd. I loved how simple and versatile it is. At the end of the post you will find other fun New Year’s Activities.
You will need to print out this clock face or you can just write 9:00 p.m. on a piece of paper. Right click on image and copy and paste it into your document. I could fit four of these onto my 8.5 X 11 paper. You can make them smaller and print on cardstock for cupcake toppers or food labels. Just add the hands with a marker.
On a sheet of paper write you activities based on the age of your crowd and insert them into your balloons before blowing them up.
Here are some ideas for you:
- Play music and dance.
- Play a fun game. It’s not too late to play Christmas Carol Charades. Loads of fun!
- Eat breakfast for dinner.
- Play flashlight freeze tag- turn off all the lights and have the person who’s it hold the flashlight. If the light shines on you then you are frozen.
- Bundle up and go outside and look at stars if you have an iphone you can download a cool stargazing app. click to see 10 to choose from. Or if it’s cloudy make animals, that’s what we had to do the other night.
- Watch a Movie on a Projector or if it’s not snowing have an outdoor movie time or indoors and make it a drive in movie with box cars.
- Roast Marshmallows over on a fire pit, chimney, candle…. and make smores.
- Have chocolate fondue.
- Go outside and take a night walk with flashlights.
- Fill out your Time Capsule “Looking Back at the Year”, printable and place it in your time capsule. Make one if you haven’t already it can take less than 10 minutes if you want by recycling a can of Pringle’s.
- karaoke! We do this very non-professional. Go to the YouTube Karaoke Channel and I use my good ol thumb mic to sing. Seriously, if you haven’t done it with your kids it’s a lot of fun. They have tons of playlist with lyrics for you to browse through.
- Pray in the new year. When it’s midnight have a family prayer time and give thanks to God for all your blessings from the year.
- Share your top 3 cool or funny experiences of the year.
Pop the balloon and take our your fun activity.