Need some sunshine in your day? This Piña Colada Smoothie will do the trick. It’s healthy too, well, minus the whip cream you see in the picture. I only used the whip cream for the styled photo, I promise I took it all off when I was done, ahem, guilty look on my face.
I like to call this breakfast drink, Sunshine Smoothie, because its bright yellow, the pineapple burst with flavor in my mouth and it’s guilt-free. I also love the smell of fresh pineapple in my kitchen.
The great thing about this smoothie is you can enjoy it any time of the day for breakfast, a mid afternoon snack or even for dessert without all the calories.
Sunshine Smoothie: Piña Colada
- 2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 banana
- 5 ice cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons honey (it’s already naturally sweet but if you need more sugar add honey)
- 8 med sized spinach leaves (optional)
1. Blend it all up and voila it’s done.
My pineapple was super sweet so it didn’t really need any sugar/honey added. If you do use whip cream you definitely won’t need any sugar added.