Healthy Chipotle Lime Fish Tacos! I have been trying to eat better since October but then the holidays took over and I quickly forgot about that plan. January is always a good time to start over so here I am eating healthy again. Anyone else in the eating healthy again group? Chipotle Lime Fish Tacos are inspired by my all time favorite food: Mexican. Apparently, fish tacos are popular around the world you can buy them in Hawaii, Mexico, Ecuador, San Diego and I am sure in many more coastal areas according to my traveling amigos.
Fish Tacos Mexican Style
6-8 white fish meat I used a bag of frozenTilapia
2 tbl oil
1 pk of Taco seasoning Chipotle flavor I used Taco Bell brand
2 tbsn of garlic paste
1 tspn of salt
12 Flour or Corn tortillas
1. Mix all the fish taco ingredients (minus fish) and juice the limes. Mix well. This will be your marinade.
2. Cover the tilapia in marinade and let sit for 10min.
3. Pour marinade and Tilapia into a hot pan.
4. cook until fish is done about 5-8 min.
5. I like my tortillas heated on a comal (griddle). So if you have one use it but make sure they don’t get brown otherwise you may end up with crunchy tortillas that you can’t bend. As you can see in the picture above this happened to me. I just cut them up and put them in a baggie to enjoy with dip later. Or you can make fish tostadas instead of tacos. Tostadas are pretty much hard shell tortillas where tacos are soft shell tortillas. That was some free tortilla facts for ya!
6. Put fish inside a tortilla and top it with the avocado sauce and pico de gallo.
Pico de Gallo
1/2 onion diced
1/4 cp of cilantro diced
1 tomato diced
1 jalapeno diced (optional)
Mix all the ingredients above and juice the lime. Top off your tacos with pico de gallo!
1/2 cp of sour cream (use fat-free or light if you are watching your calories)
1 whole ripe avocado
2 tbspns of taco seasoning
hot sauce (optional)
1. Take your soft avocado and slice a wedge into it so you can gut it with a spoon. This should be pretty simple if your avocado is soft enough.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Put over tacos and then add pico de gallo.