I like pita bread but I love pita chips! They are such a great healthy alternative to chips and right now I am on a health kick so I have with much restraint passed the chips aisle for two weeks now.
I mentioned before when I shared my Roasted Red Pepper & Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus how hummus is the miracle dip for my kids to eat their veggies! So guess what’s awaiting my kids when they get home from school: Homemade Pita Chips and Basil and Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus.
Hummus is great for snacking, spreading on bread instead of mayo, eating with veggies, party snacks and another great way to sneak veggies into their lunch!
Homemade Pita Chips Recipe
- 4 Whole Wheat Pita Pockets
- 1.5 tbl of olive oil or I use our Misto Spray (LOVE, LOVE)
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- And any other seasoning you want: italian seasoning, southwest chipotle seasoning blend (my favorite), cumin or basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut pita bread in slices or wedges. You can split bread open or just leave it as is for thicker chips.
2. Mix all of the ingredients above and brush over pita bread.
3. Bake at 400 for 10-15 min or until lightly browned. I like mine crunchy!
Serve with hummus, salsa or any dip! I like to just eat them as is.