I absolutely love this Chicken Florentine Artichoke Bake! If you like Spinach Artichoke Dip you’re going to love this recipe! It’s perfect for the chilly evenings we’ve had here lately. I don’ t know about your part of the world but somedays it’s raining non-stop here our Winter season means rain for us.
We don’t have any indoor heating so we have to go Little House on the Prairie style, we either start a fire in the fireplace or make something in the oven. Here’s my confession, I don’ t know how to start a fire so when I said “we” I actually mean the hubby, he, he, he. But I sure can bake something so this is how we warm up in the late afternoon, with my cooking.
I am excited to be co-hosting this Simple Family Meals Blog Hop with Becky from This Reading Mama, Rachel from Sun Scholars and Jill from Enchanted Home Schooling Mom. Make sure to follow along because there will be over 30 recipes shared in the next month. You can see below all of the other wonderful moms cooking away and sharing their recipes between the Feb 19- March 16th. Think of it as one gigantic Recipe Swap you can find all of the recipes on our Pinterest board and if you’re still looking for more here’s another of my favorite Simple Meals Pinterest boards for my go to dinner planning.
This recipe is SO GOOD! It’s one of my favorite recipes to make. This used to make enough for dinner and leftovers but now that I have three growing boys it’s just enough for one meal.
Follow along so you don’t miss any of our recipes, diy projects, kid activities, crafts…. via your favorite social network :Twitter,Pinterest or Facebook and our readers preferred way via email.
Chicken Florentine Artichoke Bake
- 8 oz. dried bow tie pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 c of heavy cream (for a healthier version use Greek yogurt)
- 3/4 c of milk
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (I usually rotisserie a chicken in the crockpot & shredd the meat)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz.) (lighter version)
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 handful of chopped spinach (you can also use frozen drained spinach)
- 1/2 cup oil-packed dried tomatoes, chop
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup whole wheat crackers crushed
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In medium skillet cook onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. In bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cream, seasoning, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Stir in chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, artichokes, spinach, tomatoes, half of the Parmesan, cooked pasta, and onion/garlic. Transfer to a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole.
3. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. In small bowl combine remaining Parmesan, crushed crackers, paprika, and melted butter. Sprinkle mixture over pasta. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more or until golden. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
I adapted this recipe from BHG.
Check out our collection of desserts here and our Kid Friendly Around the World Recipes and our favorite Lunch for the kiddos ideas.
Schedule for Simple Family Meals
- 2/19 Life by Ashley Pichea
- 2/20 In Culture Parent
- 2/21 Raising Life Long Learners
- 2/22 Glittering Muffins
- 2/23 Octavia and Vicky
- 2/24 Kid World Citizen
- 2/25 Kitchen Counter Chronicles & Nomad Parents
- 2/26 Childhood 101
- 2/27 Triple T Mum
- 2/28 Adventures in Mommydom
- 3/1 The Freckled Homeschooler & Teach Beside Me
- 3/2 The Chirping Moms
- 3/3 Discovering the World Through My Son’s Eyes & So You Call Yourself a Homeschooler
- 3/4 Pickle Bums & The European Mama
- 3/5 The Golden Gleam guest posting on This Reading Mama
- 3/6 Forever, For Always, No Matter What
- 3/7 Motherhood on a Dime
- 3/8 Glittering Muffins
- 3/9 Harrington Harmonies
- 3/10 Rainy Day Mum & Jenni Fischer
- 3/11 Cakes and Sribbles
- 3/12 Toddling Into Madness
- 3/13 Mermaids’ Makings & Mud Hut Mama
- 3/14 Here Come the Girls & All Done Monkey
- 3/15 Small Potatoes
- 3/16 Little Artists