I have three boys. They all love LEGO toys. They are going to love this DIY Lego Game I made for our family night!
I was trying to come up with a fun game we could play on our family night and this is where my brainstorming took me: DIY LEGO Land Game. It’s a cross between Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders. (printable updated 2/20/2013)
Follow along so you don’t miss all of our great post on crafting, cooking, kid activities and home decor…. via your favorite social network :Twitter,Pinterest or Facebook and our readers preferred way via email.
I used construction paper, cardboard box, above printable (right-click on image then copy and paste to your document to print), small LEGO pieces, a LEGO man face print out or you can make the jar as shown below and popsicle sticks for the board game.
UPDATE: I was informed that page 2 is not showing up when you click on it so just click here and it will bring it up.
How to play:
1. At the beginning of each players turn they draw one card.
That card will contain instructions:
- A colored LEGO brick. (this is the space you move to that is closest to you).
- Only instructions (do as the card says)
- or a combination of both (do as the card says and move to that color nearest you).
2. When moving, always move towards the Lego Man finish line.
3. The popsicle stick ladder will take you up. In order for you to move you must land exactly on the entry point to that shortcut. If you land on the shortcut then you may move your piece forward to the ending point of that shortcut. You cannot “fall backwards” (that’s when you get a red LEGO card) into a shortcut.
4. If a player lands on a LEGO head, then that player loses their next turn. Play resumes as normal after the single turn is forfeited.
5. To win a player must do one of these: Be first player to reach the LEGO head at the finish line is declared the winner of Lego Land or be the first player to reach the end with the most pieces collected. You can play either way.
How to make the board:
Take your cardboard box and cut it the size you want it to be. Then glue a solid color construction paper over it (the color of lego pieces to match the printable above).
Cut out strips of colored construction paper and glue them on the board to resemble a zig zag path.