Okay, so truth be told I am not looking to gain 1 Million Pinterest followers but I would love to see my Pinterest numbers grow and I would like to try to wrap my brains around this social network monster that is taking over the social media world. So when I got the opportunity to be a part of Melissa’s book launch for Pinterst Savvy: How I got 1 Million Followers, I was in! Below I am sharing how I am making Pinterest work for me and some of the things I learned and like about the Pinterest Savvy book. You can win your very own copy of Pinterest Savvy (details below).
UPDATE: The winner is Trisha from Growing Brightly!
How I am making Pinterest work for me personally and for my website:
1. No more tedious evenings of linking up to link parties– Every single time for the past 8 months that I have gone to look at my blog stats guess who was in my top 3 referring sites? Yup, Pinterest and most of the time it’s the #1 referer. Pinterest has in some way freed me from spending every other evening linking up to Link Parties. Don’t get me wrong, I loved linking it’s fun because I love our projects and I want to get them into the hands of many but I am so thankful that I have found another venue to grow my website. The more ways you have the better.
2. I joined some wonderful Collaborative boards- I looked around and found some great collaborative boards to participate in. Some are exclusive and others are open to collaborators who are not necessarily in their group. Usually, there are lots of pinners on collaborative boards. This is the draw for these types of boards because they are filled with a variety of crafts, recipe or kid activities from a diverse group of pinners. How can you tell if it’s a Collab. board? If you go to my pinterest account the first Collaborative board you will see is Share Your Crafts. Next to the title it has a little image that looks like a ship but it’s 3 heads (I think). When you click on the board up top the first image you see is the owner of the board and the rest are contributors. Melissa touches on this in her book.
3. Follow People – A practical reason that I wanted to figure out Pinterest is because I spend so much time online working and pinning for my job that I don’t have a lot of time in my day to “play” online. So it’s wonderful that I can follow Suzie Q who loves pinning tons of kids activities and benefit from her hard work. So I click “FOLLOW” from Suzie’s profile and now I benefit from her pinning love because all of her “kid activities” pins now show up on my home page. When I have a few minutes I go and peruse my Pinterest Home Page and I can see all of the great activities that Suzie Q pinned. The ones I like, I pin to my board, and now I have some fun ideas to do with the kids. That’s another reason why it’s great to Follow people. I actually do a lot of my own pinning especially with recipes because I like good but simple meals but you get the point.
How to Gain 1 Million Followers
Melissa’s book Pinterest Savvy was launched a few weeks ago and it’s no surprise it has been a huge success. Her book is down to earth awesome, it really is! It’s an easy read, with real life examples, and tips. She even has checklist printable worksheets to help you stay on task on making some changes to your Pinterest board. Prior to devouring her book in 30 minutes I had managed to set up a Pinterest account but I didn’t totally understand it. But now I have a better grasp of this monster and I have even seen some success just from applying one of her tips. In her book she shares her journey on how she got 1 million + followers on Pinterest and she shares: tips, tricks and practical examples.
The one tip I have implemented and it has already brought in some results is I followed her advice on how to arrange my profile. I have so many more tips to implement but that was a good start and it was encouraging to see some results.
I love that her book is for all types of people:
- Those just looking to figure out how to open up an account and set up pretty boards for their personal blogs and hobbies.
- Businesses or bloggers looking to grow millions of followers.
- And for people like me who have a website and they want to see it grow through this venue but don’t necessarily need millions of followers.
I am happy to share that I will be giving away a copy of Pinterest Savvy!
All you have to do is comment below letting me know you have followed my pinterest board (click on image above to follow me) and if you would like, leave your pinterest url and I will stop by and peruse your boards and follow you back. If you can’t wait to get your own copy of Pinterest Savvy: How I Got 1 Million Followers go here to purchase one it’s only 4.99 and in my opinion it’s worth every penny. Even if you don’t want to win a copy of the book I would love for you to follow us on Pinterest, he, he, he!
On February 26th at 1 p.m. Est. we will close the drawing and pick a winner. You have 1 day to claim your prize from the time you’re contacted. Make sure you leave a valid email address so I can contact you when you win. Good luck!