Hi, my name is Mari and I can eat a whole pan of Rice Krispie treats.
There my confession is out.
Now, if you’re looking for the traditional rice krispie treats recipe, you can find it here.
My second confession. I don’t do well with gooey marshmallow ingredients but I am so glad I tried this because it’s so easy.
Now that my confessions are out in the open let’s get to some fun. We have a fabulous photobook giveaway for 4 readers and this delicious and simple recipe!
I seriously think I could eat a whole pan of rice krispie treats especially if they have chocolate. I pretty much ate 1/2 a pan of Chocolate Peanut Butter treats the other day and I am pretty sure I would’ve finished the rest of them if I didn’t have children begging me to save them some for dessert after dinner.
Simple Summer Dessert: Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats
What you will need:
- 9 cps rice krispie cereal
- 9 cps marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons butter
- red and green food coloring
Make the rind:
1. Mix in a large microwave safe bowl 4 cps of marshmallows and 3 tbl of butter. Place in the microwave. Start with 1 minute and move around. If it’s still not melted then put it in for another minute. The marshmallow will get puffy. Add your green food coloring.
2. Now add in 4 cps of rice krispies to the green marshmallow mix.
3. Place this green mix around the greased pan making sure that it’s thinner than the red center.
1. I found strawberry flavored rice cereal so I didn’t have to use red food coloring but if you don’t have that what you will do is:
In a large microwave safe bowl, place the rest of the marshmallows and butter in a bowl. Do as mentioned above but this time add red food coloring.
2. Now add in 5 cps of rice krispies to the red marshmallow mix.
3. Fill the red mix in the middle of the greased pan to create the meat of the watermelon.
Now add chocolate morsels on top of the red for the seeds.
Tada! You’re done.
Other post you will enjoy: