Oh my word! These Bite Size Nutella Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins are aaaahmazing! This is my favorite healthy muffin recipe that I like to change up. This is version of it is more of a skinny recipe verses a healthy recipe.
I am leaving for the whole weekend without kids! I was trying to figure out what to leave the kids for breakfast other than our favorite oatmeal bake. This is what I whipped up for the family and even for some guest we were having for dinner! It was the perfect mix of healthy but amazingly delicious.
Nutella Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
- 3/4 cps brown sugar
- 6 tbl of softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cps of milk (reduced fat)
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cps of flour (1/2 all purpose and 1/2 whole wheat)
- 1 cup oats
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbl wheat germ (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
1. Mix softened butter with brown sugar. Then add: eggs, vanilla extract and milk.
2. Then slowly add to brown sugar mix the flour, oats, baking powder, wheat germ, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
3. Lightly use cooking spray with your muffin tin. Fill each muffin cavity about 1/2 way then add about a small spoonful of nutella and then add more mix to the top. So basically the nutella is sandwiched in.
4. Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes since they are mini it takes less time. If you’re making regular size muffins about 12 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Mix 3 tablespoons of sugar with 3 tsp of cinnamon in one bowl and melt 3 tbl of butter in another. Lightly brush butter in the muffin and then dip it in the cinnamon sugar mix.
This recipe made 24 mini muffins.
Enjoy at breakfast or for dessert!