I love splashes of Fall sprinkled throughout each room in our home but I don’t like to spend a lot of money on seasonal home décor items.
Here are some tried and true tips on how to transition your home to a more seasonal look on a budget. I use these tips throughout the year to change up the room a bit without spending tons of money that we don’t have. As you can see it’s simple, it has a fresh crisp look but almost everyone that has walked into our home says how cozy and Fallish it feels!
1. Change the pillows – Pillows are an inexpensive way to change up a room. They are even cheaper if you’re making them but if that’s not your thing you can still find some great deals on pillows.
2. Nature is free! Go outdoors and pick moss, pinecones, acorns and use it for your centerpiece. Here I added burlap for a more rustic look and some pumpkins to add a splash of orange to the golden yellow.
3. Use candles – Usually candles don’t cost very much and they are easy to store. I love to find ways to decorate for the season using candles.
4. Don’t be afraid to use accent colors. My color scheme is brown, terra cotta, golden yellow and sky blue. The splashes of color that I wanted to focus on and sprinkle throughout each room were terra cotta and yellow. So I used in everywhere: pillows, lamp, candles, dried flowers, ribbons…
5. Use your mantle as a centerpiece for the room – Don’t be afraid to decorate it in big or small ways. I like to go with light decorating for our mantle and it’s such a great way to bring it all together.
I finally got our living room furniture arranged in a way that I REALLY like it! Here’s a shot of our living room.