Snowman play dough is a wonderful stocking stuffer idea! It’s really simple to put together and your kids will have creating with this fun brown play dough that smells like cinnamon. If you’re a teacher and you are looking for inexpensive gifts to give to your kids this is a wonderful idea. We gave these at a class Christmas party one year.
I share all the details on how to make this cute snowman over here at Spanglish Baby one of my favorite places to write each month.
Play dough is so fun, it’s such a wonderful way to get our kids creating and exploring! And the kids can totally help make this recipe for some added fun.
Snowman Play Dough Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup salt
- 4 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- iridescent snowflakes (optional)
1. Mix the flour, salt, and cream of tartar in a saucepan; stir together.
2. Next add the oil and the boiling water. Stir continuously over medium heat until dough forms into a ball.
3. Remove from heat, knead. (if you’d like add snowflakes)
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If it’s too sticky add more flour, a tablespoon at a time.