Holidays can be hard when you live faraway from extended family. Easter is one of those special holidays that I wish my kids could enjoy our traditions together like:
Running around the lush green grass finding and hiding eggs.
Getting all dressed up and sitting on the church pew together in their Sunday best.
Smashing confetti filled eggs on each others heads.
Well, I can’t change our circumstances but we can definitely be more intentional about reaching out to each other. So I came up with this fun Easter activity that my kids could enjoy making for their cousins and vice versa.
I had fun putting together this post with my sister who lives faraway from us. She was working on it with her family at the same time I was working on it with my kids. We each came up with our own way to share our Easter Activity using Hallmark cards but with the same end goal: To have our kids connect over Easter inspite of the distance.
Nothing like a quick run to Walmart for some Easter fun. You’ll need to grab Easter eggs and a Hallmark card and that’s it. Have I told you how much I love cards. Writing and sending letters over snail mail has definitely become a lost art. But I can’t begin to tell you how much it means to me and my kids to receive a card or note in the mail.
I’m sure you’ve heard of the Easter Activity, “You’ve Been Egged” before. Well, below I share with you the traditional way to enjoy the activity and then I share with you our twist on how to do this with your family members who don’t live in the same city, state, country as you do.
You’ve Been Egged! Activity for your neighbors:
Basically, you hide Easter eggs in your neighbors yard, you fill their yard up with candy filled eggs. You place a note on their door, ring the doorbell and run. Well, it’s the same basic idea except we are doing it via snail mail. Use the printable link below to download your FREE “You’ve Been Egged!” sheet.
You’ve Been Egged! Activity (Snail Mail Option for Long Distant Relatives)
1. You buy a Hallmark Easter value greeting card. Don’t forget that you can earn rewards for the Hallmark cards you buy at Walmart. For every 5 cards you buy, you’ll earn a reward go here for the details.
2. Have your kids decorate it and write a message inside.
3. Attach our free printable “You’ve Been Egged!” to a white paper bag, bunny ears are optional. Get your free printable by clicking here: You’ve been egged. I share here how to make the white paper bag bunnies or if you’re not feeling crafty just stick the “You’ve Been Egged” printable inside the card and stuff it with as much chocolate eggs or jelly beans you can fit in the envelope of the card.
4. Fill the bag up with candy Easter eggs.
5. Place your Easter Hallmark card or card of choice and the You’ve Been Egged! sack, inside an envelope and mail it off.
Make sure you check out connectionsfromhallmark.com to sign up for Hallmark Rewards, and to see great content from other bloggers. Join in the #EasterValue conversation on Twitter!
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser.