I’m not sure if Cinnamon Crisp Tortilla Bowls would fall into the authentic Mexican desserts category but once you taste it you’ll notice the hint of Mexican flavors bursting in your mouth.
Since it’s Cinco de Mayo, I have a confession to make. Or maybe a few. This all may come as a shock, so have a seat:
Hi, my name is Mari like potty. Or as my husband likes to introduce me, “Mari like hotty.” (not Maria)
I am Mexican.
I don’t own a sombrero.
And since I’m on a roll with my confessions, I’ll let you know, I don’t own a donkey.
Lastly, I don’t eat burritos and tacos everyday. (Though I do LOVE Mexican food.)
There I said it. Are you disappointed in me? Did I fail your Mexican blogger friend test? But I do own a long brown mustache like real Mexican hombres wear, lol.
Well, onto some good eats. This Mexican fruit salad is not your typical fruit salad so take a look at the ingredients before you whip up your normal fruit salad. I grew up eating our fruit salad with lime juice and salt sprinkled on top, it’s absolutely delicious, especially with the cinnamon crisp tortilla bowls.
Did you like my Cinco de Mayo photo? I have shared in various outlets my desire to educate and enlighten others on my Mexican culture by sharing ideas that go beyond sombreros and donkeys. Well, in the midst of it all I wanted to have some fun with it!
Cinnamon Crips Tortilla bowls
- Flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
1. You can use the whole small flour tortilla if you’d like but I made these with cookie cutter circles.
2. Brush the melted butter over the tortilla.
3. In another bowl mix cinnamon and sugar. Then sprinkle it over your tortilla.
4. Gently place them inside your muffin tin.
5. Bake at 350, for 4 minutes or until brown and crispy.
6. Fill with ice cream or my fruit salad recipe below.
Mexican Fruit Salad
- Variety of chopped fruits (pineapple, mango, strawberries, grapes…)
- 1 large lime (juice)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- sprinkle with salt
In a bowl mix all of the above ingredients and add just sprinkle salt over your finished product.
Place fruit in cinnamon crisp tortilla bowls for a fiesta in your mouth!