We’ve been making our own play dough now, for over 4 years and this is by far the easiest play dough to make. Mostly because I don’t have to stand over a stove to make it. We enjoyed the beautiful day and made it outside in the front yard which quickly attracted our little neighbors.
Check out how awesome and easy this no-cook play dough recipe is!
Awesome & Easy No-Cook Play Dough Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1-1.5 cups of boiling water (add more if needed)
- food coloring (whatever color you wish)
- 3 drops of glycerine (it’s not necessary to add this but it does add shine to the dough).
- I had my little pirate help me mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a bowl.
- I used our tea kettle and took it outside. Add the boiling water to mix and stir, stir and stir until you can form a ball with it. You’ll need to supervise since the water is boiling.
- We placed the dough in a plastic baggie and then add the food coloring and glycerine. This will keep it from getting super messy.
- Take it out of the baggie and let it cool down before kneading. Keep kneading it until it’s not sticky if you need to add more flour.
I’ve had ours for about 4 months and it’s still perfect! You can store it for approximately 6 -8 months in a cool dry area.