This Easy Creamy Chicken Pot Pie is so good it will make you want to call your mama!
Easy Creamy Chicken Pot Pie
- 1/2 small zucchini, shredded
- 1/2cp celery diced
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup or 1 pk of cream of chicken dry mix
- 2cps of cooked chopped/diced chicken (I use rotisserie chicken)
salt and pepper to taste
The heavy cream gives it that rich and homemade flavor to your store-bought can of cream of soup. And the sautéed vegetables definitely bring out the flavors in this hearty dish. These two things are my secrets to an amazing creamy chicken pot pie!
1. Sautee onions, celery and fresh carrots in butter just until onions are soft. (if you’re using frozen carrots don’t sautee)
2. Then place all of the veggies in a casserole dish.
2. If your using a cream of chicken dry mix package (if not go to #3) -in a saucepan place cream of chicken mix and heavy cream and stir until well mixed then pour over veggies in casserole.
3. (skip if you’re using a dry cream of chicken mix) Put can of chicken soup and heavy cream in a saucepan and stir until its well mixed then pour over veggies.
4. Add chicken to casserole dish.
5. Roll out pie crust and lay it over chicken mix. I use store bought pie crust that’s kind of like flaky biscuits and it’s amazing!
Bake at 350 for 30min or until golden brown.
If you want individual chicken pot pies as shown in picture just fill your rameskins with chicken mix and cut the pie crust in small pieces so you have enough to cover all your bowls. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.