This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Crest and Latina Bloggers Connect.
It’s been so fun to draw closer to friends, family and even complete strangers as we celebrate a goal for our favorite team during the big soccer match! Yesterday as I watched the Ecuador vs France game with over 100 people on a large screen at the park I watched people exploding with joy, yelling “Goal!” with complete strangers.
Speaking of explosion of joy here’s a picture of mi familia during the Mexico game that my aunt shared with me. The picture before the one below, I could feel the coldness and tension in the room and I wasn’t even there. The Virgin Mary quietly sitting over them and the nail biting edginess in the room, as they anticipated the next shot and then I heard them thousands of miles away screaming, “GOAL!”, from the picture below. The further your team goes the closer you get!
It’s like the grandfather in the video, here, actually all of their expressions are priceless but abuelitos is my favorite. I love it! You can see for yourself.
You can’t celebrate something like futbol without food! So here’s a fun treat you can whip up and enjoy over the game. They really are easy, no baking or stovetop use involved!
The lovely thing about this recipe is that your kids can help you make it, there’s no stove. Enjoy cooking with your kids!
Soccer Ball Rice Krispie Treats
- 30 large marshmallows
- 6 cups of rice cereal
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- white icing
- black food coloring
1. In a microwave you’ll need to place 30 large marshmallows in a large microwave safe mixing bowl.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the marshmallows.
3. Place the bowl in a microwave for 1 minute. It will get really puffy so keep your eye on it. You may need to add a minute feel free to, it should have a creamy consistency like the marshmallow cream you buy at the store.
4. Add your 6 cups of rice cereal.
5. Mix with a spoon until the cereal is completely covered in the marshmallow goo.
6. Start pouring your mix onto a large cookie sheet that has sides, as shown below.
7. Let it cool and solidfy some and then use a circle cookie cutter. I didn’t want mine to totally get hard to make the cutting easier so when it was still slightly soft I started cutting.
8. Cover the rice krispie treats with white icing.
9. Then take some of the white icing and add black food coloring to it.
10. Once the white icing has hardened some start adding the black to your soccer ball.
The further your team goes, the closer you get. That’s why it’s important that you’re prepared with Crest Complete + Scope.
Here’s a little bit more about our sponsor: The Crest Complete Multi-Benefit Whitening + Scope Striped Toothpastes are the only toothpastes that combine the whitening power of Crest toothpaste with the freshening power of Scope mouthwash. They fight cavities, prevent tartar, and provide cleaning action to help remove surface stains.
Whitens teeth by removing surface stains
● Fights cavities
● Fights tartar
● Freshens breath
Crest Complete Multi-Benefit Deep Clean toothpaste provides the protection you need with an up to two times cleaner feeling and the signals that tell you you’re covered. Its unique combination of ingredients will leave your mouth feeling cleaner long after you brush. You can stop by their website to print off some coupons here.