My favorite part of camping is S’mores!
Actually, truth be told I camp because I know I’ll get s’mores at some point. Since we camp “a lot” I have been trying different variations of my favorite camping dessert. I’ve had s’mores on Oreo cookies, I’ve put peanut butter on my graham crackers before covering it with marshmallows… oh so many variations.
So this was one of my recent experiments. It’s sort of healthy, if you count adding fresh fruit into a cone full of sugar, lol. One of our last camping trips we had lots of kiddos so I just set up an assembly line where they could stuff it with whatever mixing they wanted and then they covered it in the foil themselves and put it on the fire rack. The fun thing is you can stuff them with whatever you want and even make them for a party!
Campfire S’mores Cone
- Fresh fruit diced: bananas, strawberries, pineapples, apples
- marshmallows diced or mini
- chocolate morsels
- waffle cones
- optional: peanut butter
Super easy and delicious! (affil links in post)
1. Cover your cone with peanut butter on the inside. (optional)
2. Place your mixing inside the cone.
3. Cover it completely with foil.
4. Place on the fire that’s not blazing. We use our Camping Tripod pictured above! There are lots to choose from but if you click on the link you can see the one we use.
You may want to wait for the fire to simmer down some so that you don’t burn your cone.