This is the perfect Halloween Chocolate Fudge!
I’ll be first to tell you that no matter how easy the recipe says the fudge is to make, I haven’t been able to master it–until now! This fudge was perfect! And let me tell you after my last two fails–I ‘ve gotten really good at tasting not so good fudge. The first time I made it, the only way I could possibly use it was as chocolate sauce. It never hardened. The second time I made it, it did solidify to the point that I was able to make a square but the moment it touched your warm hands it melted and made a huge mess, which my kids nor husband minded.
So I’m happy to inform you that this was the perfect consistency and taste. I’ll share with you what I think I did wrong, the recipes I used in the past used different types of chocolate so if it said I need 2 cups of chocolate chips I didn’t know exactly how much that meant in bars (I was using chocolate bar) so I was needing to guess. Also, the most important mistake was the other recipes I had used only said let it come to a boil but apparently it wasn’t long enough.
What I did a bit differently was I used TruMoo chocolate milk in combination with the evaporated milk. One 8-ounce serving of TruMoo provides as much calcium as 5 cups of broccoli and as much potassium as a small banana.
The candy corn and pumpkin candy makes it perfect for your Halloween gatherings or a fun snack for this season.
Halloween Chocolate Fudge
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup TruMoo chocolate milk
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
- 6 oz chocolate chips or 2 chocolate bars 100 g
- 1tsp vanilla
- optional: candy corn, pumpkin candy, nuts
1. Combine sugar, evaporated milk and chocolate milk in a medium sauce pan.
2. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring. Then continue to boil for 5 more minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
3. Line a baking pan with foil.
4. Place the butter, chocolate and vanilla in the sauce pan, stir until it’s all melted in.
5. Pour mixture into the baking pan.
6. Let it cool off for 5 minutes before adding in your candy corn to the top of the fudge.
7. Place the pan in the fridge for 2hours until it has solidified.
“Can’t get enough of TruMoo? Follow TruMoo on Pinterest for more delicious recipes and enter the Facebook contest for a chance to win weekly cash prizes through October 31! You can also enter the TruMoo Sweepstakes for a chance to win a family trip for four!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.