Amazing is the only word I can think of to describe these Pumpkin French Toast Rolls for breakfast! Seriously amazing!
I’m definitely making this again, they are perfect for brunch with the family or a special Saturday morning breakfast. And I would even venture to say they are sweet enough to enjoy as dessert. Though I made mine with only the cinnamon and sugar coat on it and I didn’t add syrup when I served it to the kiddos.
I’ve noticed that my kiddos are hungry a lot sooner when they eat sugary cereal so I stopped buying it for that reason and other health reasons. So with that said I also try not to make really sugary breakfasts for them so that they are not begging for a snack at 8:30 a.m. only an hour after they ate breakfast.
Pumpkin French Toast Rolls
- 10 pc bread
- 4 eggs
- pumpkin puree (here’s my from scratch recipe)
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
1. Place a tablespoon of oil in your pan and heat it up. Then start flattening out your bread with a rolling pin.
2. Take your pumpkin puree and spread it over the bread.
3. Roll it up. I used a toothpick to keep the ends rolled but you may not need it. Remove the toothpicks they are done cooking.
4. Dip them in the egg mixture. Crack all four eggs into your bowl, then add 1 tbl of milk and mix.
5. Now you’re ready to cook them. I only used 1 tablespoon of oil in the beginning and then added another after the 5th roll.
Dip the hot roll in your brown sugar and cinnamon mix. Serve!
Note: You can add sugar to your pumpkin puree mix to sweeten up or leave as is. There’s plenty of sugar in the whole thing that I didn’t feel it necessary.
I personally prefer mine without syrup but my sugar loving husband enjoyed his with lots of maple syrup.
Here are some of my favorite pumpkin recipes: (just click on image)
Chipotle Pumpkin Hummus!