This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Huggies Little Snugglers and Latina Bloggers Connect.
With each child my wishes and desires for my time after I got home with the baby–changed. I remember with our first child, I was a naïve mom in so many ways. I remember agreeing for my husband to put together a bbq for our close friends and family. His hope was to bless me, so I could get some time with friends and family in our home. And for them to see the baby. It was not a fun time. I of course couldn’t keep from getting the house ready and getting ready for company. Once our guest arrived, I spent most of my time in my bedroom feeding our baby who struggled with nursing. I was exhausted and wasn’t much for conversation. Needless, to say this didn’t happen again.
I went to the pros–other moms for these tips! I asked my Facebook Page moms to share with me what was the most helpful thing done for them shortly after their baby was born. These are some of their answers and some of my own experiences but by far the top response from my readers was #1:
12 Ways to Help a New Mom
1. Prepare a home cooked meal or pick up dinner for the growing family.
2. Offer to help address baby gift thank you cards.
3. Organize meals to be delivered by friends and family. The Care Calendar is an easy way to organize meals. I just used it to help a friend out in a difficult time.
4. Don’t assume new moms don’t need help because this is #2 or #3. It maybe a time to help them more especially if the kids are close in age.
5. Offer to pick some things up for the new mom or buy some groceries for them.
6. When you visit offer to let the new mom take a nap or shower while you keep the baby.
7. Take my other children on a play date.
8. Pay for someone to come clean the house.
9. Give new moms some space. So if you stop by to help out with a meal or with cleaning–do it and leave.
10. Fold laundry and put it away. Sometimes getting it washed isn’t the hard part so folding it and putting it away will go a long way.
11. Respect their motherly wishes. Sometimes we want to shower new moms with tons of advice but this maybe the time to just sit back and encourage them instead of telling them what they should or shouldn’t do.
12. Give words of encouragement especially if I’m a first time mom.
And this is for the hubbies, bring her flowers or something that says: You rock! I appreciate you! I’m here for you! I remember all I wanted was for my man to do was hold me. I was exhausted (I was in labor all night), I was discouraged (nursing wasn’t going so well) and I felt all out of sorts.
This post is brought to you by Huggies!
Add Huggies Little Snugglers and Natural Care Wipes to your baby registry! And enter here http://bit.ly/HuggiesRegistry for the chance to make your wishes come true!
Now you can try them for FREE! Try the unbeatable skin care of Huggies Little Snugglers and Natural Care Wipes yourself by clicking here for a free sample.
image via Blessed Images Photography Isn’t he adorable!