This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Huggies Little Snugglers and Latina Bloggers Connect.
Both of my boys had the privilege of having the same 1st grade teacher. When my first son had her she was dating someone and by the time my 2nd child was in her class she became Mrs.! I recently got to celebrate her firstborn at a baby shower.
I love making gifts for people but I don’t always have the time but when I do, I thoroughly enjoy the process of crafting some thing lovely. I made her a Diaper Caddy! I had great intentions of making one for myself 4 years ago, but never got around to it.
I’m not much of a pattern follower, I just look at things and try to figure out how to sew them. Sometimes that makes for a longer project then intended. 🙂 I hope my instructions below are helpful.
Handmade Gifts: Diaper Clutch
- sewing machine
- Huggies diapers
1. Cut 2 pieces of fabric in a rectangular shape that measures 1ft 11 in long and 10.5 inches wide.
2. Before you begin sewing the ends (I don’t have a picture of this) you’ll need to sew the ribbon down the middle that sticks out both ends at least 3inches. You’ll begin sewing the ribbon 5.5 in into it on both sides this will be done on the outer piece of fabric.
3. Now you’ll gather both of your pieces of fabric and place them on top of each other inside out. Sew along the 2 long sides and one short side as shown above. But on the top long side you’ll leave an opening for the handle to be sewn on at a later time.
4. Now flip your fabric the right side out and sew the end that you left open. Make sure to fold the hem in when sewing this side.
5. Now you’re ready to add your handle down the middle. Also make sure to fold the hem in when sewing that side back up.
6. You’re almost done. You’ll now fold both long ends towards the middle (not completely touching–as shown above) and sew the sides up to create your pockets for the diapers and wipes.
7. Now fill it up with your Huggies wipes and diapers and you’re all set.
This is a really easy project for you beginners and it turned out so cute.
This post is brought to you by Huggies!
Add Huggies Little Snugglers and Natural Care Wipes to your baby registry! And enter here http://bit.ly/HuggiesRegistry for the chance to make your wishes come true!
Now you can try them for FREE! Try the unbeatable skin care of Huggies Little Snugglers and Natural Care Wipes yourself by clicking here for a free sample.