Every bite of these Gingerbread Cups with White Chocolate & Cranberry Filling is absolutely amazing! They are mini cups so you may find yourself wanting to eat more than one or two, possibly three of this rich and creamy filling.
I took these to a Christmas party and they were a big hit. Though when I made them again I felt like I needed to make the white chocolate cranberry filling with a cream cheese base instead of a sugar base (it was too sweet for me).
So, I’m sharing with you the recipe for the cream cheese base filling. Every bite will put you in the Christmas spirit.
Gingerbread Cups with White Chocolate & Cranberry Filling
- Gingerbread cookie recipe this is our absolute favorite recipe here.
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup soft cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cups white chocolate melted (that’s cool)
1. Mix your favorite gingerbread cookie recipe in a bowl and place in a greased mini cupcake pan. Pressing down the middle with your thumb to create a small cavity.
2. In another bowl, mix the other ingredients (not the cranberries) and beat until it’s smooth. Add more powdered sugar if necessary to get a thick filling.
3. Add chopped cranberries into the cream cheese mixture and place in fridge until ready to use.
4. Once the gingerbread cups are done use a small spoon to define the cavity. I didn’t want too much of the rich filling in them so I made them small. Now place somewhere to cool. Don’t try to fill your cups when they are still warm.
5. Now fill your cups with the cream mixture and enjoy or place in fridge until you’re ready to enjoy. Oh and sprinkle more cranberries at the end.