Are you celebrating New Year’s Eve with kids?
Once upon a time when I didn’t have three children (long, long ago), I had a deep desire to end our year in style and with lots of fun.
We’ve had parties. We’ve gone swing dancing. We’ve had friends and family sleepover parties. We’ve enjoyed game night parties. We’ve even ridden around town in a party bus (actually we did this the past couple of years).
But once we got to child number three and all of our friends were also growing their families the thought of a party with 15 exhausted little children under one roof didn’t seem the least bit appealing.
Don’t get me wrong, children or no children–I still like to have fun on New Year’s Eve but of course now it looks a little different than the swing dance party we enjoyed 1o years ago.
New Year’s Eve Activities with Kids
Here are some fun ideas so you can add a little sparkle to your New Year’s Eve day.
1. Craftibilities -Check out the fun ideas and activities you can place in a balloon and enjoy as a family.
2. New Years Eve Poppers from Sugar and Cloth! I’ve wanted to make something similar to this for years but I’ve never gotten around to it. Maybe next year 😉
4. New Year’s Eve Fun Fizz Countdown — Our kids really enjoyed this activity!
5. New Year’s Eve Time Capsule with FREE printable! This is definitely on the list to do again this year! I highly recommend it, it’s so fun to look back and see how much your kids have grown and their ideas have changed.
6. Cinnamon Rolls New Years Breakfast Tradition – This one is for New Year’s day and it’s tasty!!!
7. New Years Chain Activity from Sugar Aunts – My hope is to do something similar to this but have each of us come up with different things that were highlights from our year and as we ring in the new year we can read them and be thankful for all the blessings we’ve received.
8. Make your own Mini Piñata’s and break them at midnight or “midnight” with the kids!
9. New Year’s Eve photo props! I love photo props for parties, it’s just a fun filler activity to enjoy while you wait for your guest to all arrive or in between mingling.